The Student Room Group

general uni help please

Could easily write an essay but:

- The people I live with all do their own thing and so its like living alone
- I only have one close friend on my course but they don't live at uni
- its hard to meet new people on the course because its lecture based and generally people are happy sticking within their groups, not meeting new people
- I plan my time but hard stuff always comes up and I get behind because of it
- I struggle to manage extra work on top of lectures so get more behind
- Im older than people in my year
- Im getting mid-high 60s. If I aimed for an achievable 2.1 I could enjoy myself more but I don't want to let myself down my not aiming for a first
- I need to join a club/society but I find it hard getting involved and then worry I should be studying

Any words of wisdom or people in a similar situation please comment but lets keep it positive (:
Sounds like you have literally no time on your hands to do anything, are you studying all day long? Some of this study time has to give if you want to be able to join a society or something. Try joining a society that mainly does events in the evening? The age difference usually doesn't matter unless you bring it up, but if you're a mature student then maybe there's a society for that? You could try just general chit chat with some students at the beginning/end of a lecture, eg. 'Hey just saying, but I really like your tattoo' - I've used this one! :tongue: If you have tutorials, try just general chit chat or offer to study with someone if they find something hard, maybe make a study group, that way you're studying and making friends at the same time.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending