The Student Room Group

I'm fed up with the daily mails islamophobia and racism

Scroll to see replies

Original post by A$aprocky
I'm sorry if i've offended anyone, my point is that people who read the tabloid garbage probably read it for its simplicity and sensationalism that other less biased papers fail to give. Its all fine until the idiots who read it believe the rubbish.

So are you saying that they make up the events in the articles or just express a view you don't like? There is a difference.
I do not bother to read the daily mail. What about you?
Original post by geniequeen48
Then don't read it. Simple.

Ever since 2008, I have consistently found that although TSR posters like to criticise the Mail, they can't stop reading it.
Reply 23
Yes all papers should just sweep migrant crimes under the rug because it might make them look bad
Original post by Jebedee
So are you saying that they make up the events in the articles or just express a view you don't like? There is a difference.

What? I said DM make news simple and sensationalise it to attract the stupid people in society. And yes, now you mention it they do occasionally make up rubbish too.
What? I said DM make news simple and sensationalise it to attract the stupid people in society. And yes, now you mention it they do occasionally make up rubbish too.

What stories have the daily mail made up?
Reply 26
Daily Mail, more like Daily Fail.
Best thing to do is to not read it.
Anyone with half a brain cell won't believe the rubbish in there.
:smile:
Hatred of Islam is perfectly acceptable and in my view it should be encouraged.
Original post by EccentricDiamond

I can only think of when they referred to Roosh's meetings as pro-rape. Other than that I personally can't think of anything.
Original post by EccentricDiamond

Too many to count. Mainly it is with celeb gossip but they make up things about immigration too.
Original post by meenu89
Ever since 2008, I have consistently found that although TSR posters like to criticise the Mail, they can't stop reading it.

Bit like TSR itself then; everyone hates it, but everyone can't stop using it.
Reply 31
Let's be honest, flaying your own skin is bloody barbaric.

Whether the DM writes it or not, until the Muslim community rally round and speak out against the crimes of ISIS & European migrants, the fear of Islam is completely justifiable.
The only people who read DM are plebs and builders. Who cares what rubbish they tell them?

It is the most widely read online newspaper in the world.

http://www.theguardian.com/media/greenslade/2012/jan/25/dailymail-internet

A British success story, comparable in worldwide appeal to the Premier League...
Original post by intelligent con
The daily mail is constantly publishing anti refugee or anti muslim articles like this one to try and portray all muslims as barbaric savages. Despite the fact these muslims are a small minority of extreme shia (like president Assad who the mail supports), they are trying to stir up trouble against the muslim population as a whole which is why the UK is becoming such a racist uncomfortable place to be recently.

Additionally their rhetoric about the refugees has made the attitude in this country to the greatest humanitarian crisis since World war two disgusting. They generalise all refugees as rapists and Jihadis just because of a few bad apples and for some reason seem to believe that because some refugees are male they are cowards and for some reason incapable of fleeing Assads barbarity.

A combination of these two factors has made it so the UK has not had a serious response to the refugee crisis making the plight of these poor people even worse. I am fed up with this rag and think it should be banned for inciting hatred, anyone else agree?

Well what would you do then? Ignore the issue? Because ethnic and religious minorities are never wrong in what they do are they?!
Original post by intelligent con
The daily mail is constantly publishing anti refugee or anti muslim articles like this one to try and portray all muslims as barbaric savages. Despite the fact these muslims are a small minority of extreme shia (like president Assad who the mail supports), they are trying to stir up trouble against the muslim population as a whole which is why the UK is becoming such a racist uncomfortable place to be recently.

Additionally their rhetoric about the refugees has made the attitude in this country to the greatest humanitarian crisis since World war two disgusting. They generalise all refugees as rapists and Jihadis just because of a few bad apples and for some reason seem to believe that because some refugees are male they are cowards and for some reason incapable of fleeing Assads barbarity.

A combination of these two factors has made it so the UK has not had a serious response to the refugee crisis making the plight of these poor people even worse. I am fed up with this rag and think it should be banned for inciting hatred, anyone else agree?

1. I would point out that it's lot easier to make articles condemning Islam and the actions of certain Muslims, when these actions and doctrines are so reprehensible in the first place.
2. I don't see them calling for violence against Muslims, nor do I see the UK as a racist uncomfortable place. Don't know where you got those impressions.
3. The only disgusting response to the refugee crisis was by Germany, whose open-door policy has exacerbated the problem by encouraging more to come to their deaths, and by allowing hundreds of women to be assaulted and the social fabric of the country to be threatened by allowing in a million people from a completely incompatible culture. You may be keen to encourage all and sundry to come, regardless of their threat to this country, but most are far happier with the UK's measured response.
4. The mail broadcasting the vile acts of certain migrants is no worse than certain left-wing institutions ignoring them and accusing everyone who wants to restrict the number of refugees of being racist bigots. Neither group should be banned. A plural free press is critical.
Original post by JezWeCan!
It is the most widely read online newspaper in the world.

http://www.theguardian.com/media/greenslade/2012/jan/25/dailymail-internet

A British success story, comparable in worldwide appeal to the Premier League...

That article is now outdated. And i rest my case, popularity does not mean it is reliable or unbiased. Just an online news source for the uneducated
Reply 36
Too many to count. Mainly it is with celeb gossip but they make up things about immigration too.

Give 3 examples
Reply 37
That article is now outdated. And i rest my case, popularity does not mean it is reliable or unbiased. Just an online news source for the uneducated

Where do you follow the news then if you find this biased?
Original post by sathoon
How they stay in business is a joke the universe shares with no one.

Outrage sells newspapers.
Original post by subject1
It is as rational as any other phobia based on a certain group of people.

Like a group of Daily Mail readers?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending