The Student Room Group

AQA Geography A Units 1, 2 & 3

Did anyone else have these exams today? If so, how did they go? For me, I found the easiest was Unit 1, because I did the most revision for it. The human paper went OK, and so did Unit 3, although I probably feel least confident about the last one. Does anyone know if the grade boundaries are usually as low as they were this time last year (June 06)?
Reply 1
KING_YID
Did anyone else have these exams today? If so, how did they go? For me, I found the easiest was Unit 1, because I did the most revision for it. The human paper went OK, and so did Unit 3, although I probably feel least confident about the last one. Does anyone know if the grade boundaries are usually as low as they were this time last year (June 06)?

Well for the Jan paper this year you needed 33/60 for an A on the physical paper, 35 on the human (grades drop by 4 marks) and for the skills it was 29/50 so you probably won't need anything more than 36/60 for an A on units 1 and 2.I did terrible on unit 1, I wrote very little for the first and last essay question. :frown:
Reply 2
Oh and what did everybody write for the question on greenfield sites in unit 2?And what exactly are the advantages and disadvantages of the DTM?I just put that it doesn't take into account migration and that it's not specific to cities and some other stuff I can't remember.
Reply 3
Louisdf
Oh and what did everybody write for the question on greenfield sites in unit 2?And what exactly are the advantages and disadvantages of the DTM?I just put that it doesn't take into account migration and that it's not specific to cities and some other stuff I can't remember.

The DTM was mostly based on European MEDC's and therefore does not show a fair trend for the rest of the world (i.e. Africa).
TOONFAN100
The DTM was mostly based on European MEDC's and therefore does not show a fair trend for the rest of the world (i.e. Africa).

Yep - given in the MEDW economic development was the trigger for population growth, wheras in many LEDCs population growth has occured without the economic growth to support it.
Also the DTM takes no account of a country's base population - e.g. a change of just 1% in China is a lot of people

Latest