The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

Imperial College London Postgraduate Applicants 2016/2017

Scroll to see replies

Original post by nicksson
thanks for the swift reply.

yes, my second reference was received on Feb 4th, so it's been more than 2 months now.

oh, I'll need to call them tomorrow. so disappointed, I hope they will still consider my application.

You're welcome. Yeah, I'd get in contact as soon as possible. Good luck with it! I'm sure it's just gotten lost in translation :smile:
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
Finally, I just received an offer from Imperial for MSc RMFE! So excited about that!
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by jamesli322
Finally, I just received an offer from Imperial for MSc RMFE! So exited about that!

eep well done! they take forever, cross your fingers for me!
Original post by Lucianaaaa
eep well done! they take forever, cross your fingers for me!

Thanks! Good luck to you too!
Reply 44
Any news from MSc. Economics and Strategy for Business applicants?

:s-smilie:
Original post by Everez
The Imperial College forum was missing a dedicated postgraduate thread like this, so here we go!

Let us know what you have applied for or whether you are still considering applying, and ask any questions you have here.

Those who have accepted postgraduate offers, have you made any progress in deciding on accommodation?

I made an application for the MSc in Applied Mathematics and got an offer.

How long did it take for you to see your academic conditions on the student track service, since receiving you offer email?
Received the offer email, but how long does it take to actually see changes from the Student tracking service site? It still says application currently under consideration of the department.
Original post by jamesli322
Received the offer email, but how long does it take to actually see changes from the Student tracking service site? It still says application currently under consideration of the department.

Same, its been like this for 2 days now.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by BioGeek
Same, its been like this for 2 days now.

Was over two weeks for me until it changed.
Got my offer to study Metals and Energy Finance around 2 months ago can't wait to start :smile:.

To those worrying about application being under consideration for a long time etc. you have to understand it has to go through the registry before it even reaches an admissions tutor which could take several weeks.

In my case there was only one tutor responsible for accepting students, It took well over 8 weeks from the time my references had been received for a decision to be made.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 50
i. I am an international student from Hong Kong and i have received an offer from Imperial to study the MRes biomedical research and another offer from UCL. However, I cannot decide which one to attend because of funding options ( will be announced around June). I know Imperial have deadlines for reply to offer (28 days) and I have already emailed the course director and course administrator about a possible extension to reply. I havent heard anything from them yet. Anyone have similar experiences before??Also, I am planning on applying for the Faculty of Medicine Dean's Master's Scholarships from Imperial. I will secure a 1st class honours degree and around 3.6 GPA. Anyone knows if I stand a chance?
Reply 51
Original post by Everez
I requested an extension for my offer too. I ended up talking to the admissions department up a couple of times over the phone, and eventually I got an extension of a couple of weeks beyond the original deadline. I don't know whether you will be able to get an extension all the way up to June however. Either way I would definitely suggest you call them

It is nice to know someone else has done so. May I ask which department do you belong? I think even a few weeks extension would be ok. In that case I can still accept my offer and use another 28 days for the 10% payment to see how things go. I would definitely call on Monday. Hopefully things can work out...possible fundings for oversea fees can be a huge game changer.
I actually thought about this problem before I applied to Imperial -- that's why I submitted the imperial application only during mid february. I expected to hear from them around april but they offered me the place mid march, kind of messed up my plan.
Original post by Everez
For those frantically checking the e-service for a response to their application, this information might be useful:

A day or two before getting my offer, slight differences appeared on the tracking website, for example the year of entry (or whatever it was) column with '2016/2017' changed to 'Year of Admission or Programme Start Date' with the exact start date of my particular course. There were other slight changes too. While I can't be sure whether this was simply an update to the system that sort of coincided with me getting an offer, if you notice your tracking service change at all it may suggest you will be getting a response pretty soon!

This happened to me today. I wonder what my conditions will be :redface:
Reply 53
Just got an offer for MSc. Economics and Strategy for Business an hour ago.

Just as a point of info:
1. Full application submitted 4th March
2. Invitation to interview 4th March
3. Did the interview 17th March
4. Offer 12th April

Good luck to all others!!
Original post by pentrap
Just got an offer for MSc. Economics and Strategy for Business an hour ago.

Just as a point of info:
1. Full application submitted 4th March
2. Invitation to interview 4th March
3. Did the interview 17th March
4. Offer 12th April

Good luck to all others!!

Congrats on the Offer! I had only just received the interview invitation..Any advice for the interview?
Original post by BioGeek
This happened to me today. I wonder what my conditions will be :redface:

same, changed from 2016/2017 to 01-Sept-2016

Hopefully not some impossible conditions
(edited 7 years ago)
I just got my offer for MSc in Immunology! :biggrin:
Original post by JellyShenney
I just got my offer for MSc in Immunology! :biggrin:

Hello fellow Immunologist :biggrin:
Reply 58
Hey there guys! Just got an offer (pending official e-mail) for MRes in Cancer Biology. Though i'm torn. Got an offer for MScR Biomedical Sciences (which was my first choice for Imperial) at U. of Edinburgh..
Seems like everyone on this thread gets their offer:tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest