The Student Room Group
Frenchay Campus, Bristol University of the West of England
University of the West of England, Bristol
Bristol
Visit website

Accommodation Questions

Scroll to see replies

I have done so and they've replied saying they've sent it to the applications advisory team, how long will it take??
Frenchay Campus, Bristol University of the West of England
University of the West of England, Bristol
Bristol
Visit website
Original post by meganjeffery22
I have done so and they've replied saying they've sent it to the applications advisory team, how long will it take??

Again, it is hard to answer this question without knowing the full details of your applications. It would be best if you email admissions to ask for more information on the next step or give them a call on 0117 32 83333
Okay thanks! Has a intake switch happened before or is it rare?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 23
Original post by UWE Bristol
Hi all,

Please post all your accommodation queries in here.

This could be anything relating from the application process, best location, room and facility information or absolutely anything else you need to know.

We look forward to hearing from you :smile:

Hello! I have firmed my choice to start in September studying Business and Human Resources which is on the Frenchay campus. I'm just looking at accommodation and have always wanted to live in a city, do you know if many people live in the city centre who study at the Frenchay campus? What would you recommend, city or campus?

Thank you!
Original post by meganjeffery22
Okay thanks! Has a intake switch happened before or is it rare?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi, it varies across courses so it's hard for me to give you an answer on that :smile:
Original post by lizzie64
Hello! I have firmed my choice to start in September studying Business and Human Resources which is on the Frenchay campus. I'm just looking at accommodation and have always wanted to live in a city, do you know if many people live in the city centre who study at the Frenchay campus? What would you recommend, city or campus?

Thank you!

Hi, we have around 1000 students living in City Centre accommodation that study at Frenchay Campus.

There are good transport links from the Centre to Frenchay(it takes about 30mins by bus) so if you want to live in the middle of the city it is a good option.

Living on Campus means you don't have to factor in travel to lectures/seminars etc.. and you have access to the library, student union and all the other facilities which are useful as you adjust to being a student.

I wouldn't recommend one over the other, it just depends what your requirements are. Living in the centre has it's advantages as you get to discover more of the city but staying on campus obviously has it's perks as a first year too!
Hi all,

This could be anything relating from the application process, best location, room and facility information or absolutely anything else you need to know.

Hi, I've firmed an offer to study Physiotherapy and was trying to decide on accommodation. Do the majority of physio students stay at Glenside? how difficult would it be to travel from Student village for lectures? I'm tempted to go for student village due to proximity to the sports facilities and better social scene as well as student village having on-suite. Thanks
Original post by Jack Briggs
Hi, I've firmed an offer to study Physiotherapy and was trying to decide on accommodation. Do the majority of physio students stay at Glenside? how difficult would it be to travel from Student village for lectures? I'm tempted to go for student village due to proximity to the sports facilities and better social scene as well as student village having on-suite. Thanks

Hi, the majority of Physiotherapy students are based at Glenside and The Hollies but you are welcome to stay at the Student Village. It is about a 30 minute walk between the Student Village and Glenside Campus or there are regular buses that take about 10 minutes.
Reply 28
Hi all,

I have firmed a place on the Paramedic program starting in September, when can we expect to get accommodation offers?
Reply 29
I have been offered a place on the Paramedic program in September, when will we hear more about offers for accommodation?
Original post by Zwizz
I have firmed a place on the Paramedic program starting in September, when can we expect to get accommodation offers?

Hi, you will receive an email from us within 7 days of you accepting the offer of a place.
Hi,

I've just applied to UWE through UCAS extra, I already have the required grades so fingers crossed that I get an offer! I'm a bit concerned that I will be late applying for accomodation though as I think Marketgate would be the most suitable place for me. Are you able to tell me if it is heavily subscribed/the percentage of applicants who get a place there?

Thanks!
Original post by Wild Nothing
Hi,

I've just applied to UWE through UCAS extra, I already have the required grades so fingers crossed that I get an offer! I'm a bit concerned that I will be late applying for accomodation though as I think Marketgate would be the most suitable place for me. Are you able to tell me if it is heavily subscribed/the percentage of applicants who get a place there?

Thanks!

Hi, Marketgate is one of our most popular accommodation blocks. It is filling up rapidly at the moment but if you apply before 8th June you may still have a chance of being offered a place.

If you are too late or don't get offered a place at then please consider our other city centre accommodation available.
Hi,

I just confirmed my flat at Wallscourt Park since i'm going to study Criminology. Can you tell me if Wallscourt is a popular choice? Since i don't hear a lot of people who are going there..
Reply 34
Hi,
I've just accepted my accommodation offer for Cotswold court and wondered if there are any Facebook groups or ways of meeting flat mates before we arrive?
I have applied for UWE accommodation, when will we receive an offer for it and also will we get a choice for the size of the room if we get Glenside campus??

Reply 36
Original post by 2213buttercup
I have applied for UWE accommodation, when will we receive an offer for it and also will we get a choice for the size of the room if we get Glenside campus??

I emailed the Admissions team and they said we should receive an email this week and the official letters are being sent out in batches.

Your not student paramedic are you? I applied for Glenside too :smile:
Original post by Zwizz
I emailed the Admissions team and they said we should receive an email this week and the official letters are being sent out in batches.

Your not student paramedic are you? I applied for Glenside too :smile:

Ah that's great! Thank you for letting me know :smile:

No, Adult Nursing :smile:
Reply 38
Original post by 2213buttercup
Ah that's great! Thank you for letting me know :smile:

No, Adult Nursing :smile:

Ah cool, well hopefully ill see you in September at some point! :biggrin:
Original post by Zwizz
Ah cool, well hopefully ill see you in September at some point! :biggrin:

Awesome! :smile:

Quick Reply