The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

Single study or shared study?

Planning to go to Nottingham Uni this year, and am deliberating between single study and a shared study accommodation...

From the Nottingham website: https://www.nottingham.ac.uk/accommodation/accommodationoptions/cateredhalls/university-park/room-types.aspx
---Single study is your own bedroom with separate study area shared by two people with two sets of study furniture
communal bathroom shared with no more than five others
---Fees: £4,688.74

Single Study:
---your own bedroom with single bed and study area (not all single studies have sinks)
---communal bathroom shared with no more than five others
Fees: £5,251.56

I'm not sure what to do, because I'd like my own space, of course, but if it's£70 a week cheaper, it seems like a great saving. I'm not that bothered about a shared study area either, as I could go to the library or just study in my room if I wanted. But then there's the problem of if my roommate is nuts :/

Any advice? Opinions?
Thanks!
I personally went with single study as I was kind of anxious about getting someone annoying/distracting if I went for shared. It's entirely up to you though - it is a notable saving and if you're willing to deal with any potential annoyances (which won't necessarily be the case anyway) that might be better for you.
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by jellygiraffe
Planning to go to Nottingham Uni this year, and am deliberating between single study and a shared study accommodation...

From the Nottingham website: https://www.nottingham.ac.uk/accommodation/accommodationoptions/cateredhalls/university-park/room-types.aspx
---Single study is your own bedroom with separate study area shared by two people with two sets of study furniture
communal bathroom shared with no more than five others
---Fees: £4,688.74

Single Study:
---your own bedroom with single bed and study area (not all single studies have sinks)
---communal bathroom shared with no more than five others
Fees: £5,251.56

I'm not sure what to do, because I'd like my own space, of course, but if it's£70 a week cheaper, it seems like a great saving. I'm not that bothered about a shared study area either, as I could go to the library or just study in my room if I wanted. But then there's the problem of if my roommate is nuts :/

Any advice? Opinions?
Thanks!

How is it £70 a week cheaper??

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending