The Student Room Group

Would my offer be withdrawn?

Anyone been in this situation before?

I have a job offer for a graduate scheme starting later this year and I have signed the contract. On my application, there were several location options and I was picked for one of them but now I don't think its the right location for me because of several reasons. but I would like to change my location because of personal issues which I can jusify. If I ask for my location to be changed, would my offer be withdrawn?
Reply 1
Original post by J-SP
It's not that it would be withdrawn, you would have to decline it.

The organisation might be able to move you, but it's not always possible. If it isn't possible due to lack of vacancies in the new location or if they have a policy of not transferring prior to you joining (I worked for one organisation that wouldn't allow it as people thought it was a way of going for a less competitive location and then trying to transfer to a more competitive one), then they would just wait for you to decline the offer.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks for the heads up. Its true that it might be seen as a way of going for a less competitive location and then trying to transfer to a more competitive one but in my case, that's not the situation. I'll contact and explain to hear what they say.
It depends. Presumably you had a chance to say where you would prefer? they try and fit you in there, but otherwise you go where they place you. You should contact HR or whoever offered you the position and explain your situation to them. They may be able to fit you in somewhere else or they may not. Its then take it or leave it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending