The Student Room Group

Adult Nursing UCAS Extra 2016

So I've applied to Sheffield Hallam through UCAS Extra for Adult Nursing and I applied when Extra opened (25th Feb) after ringing them asking if I could send a new personal statement which they said yes too. About two weeks ago, I got an email from the admissions assistant saying that she had updated my records accordingly with my new personal statement and they will inform me of their decision as soon as possible. It's been over 21 days now which means UCAS has given me the option to delete this choice. Should I ring them up and ask how my application is doing?? Just worrying a bit as UCAS is closing for Easter this weekend. And if I do ring, what do I say? I don't want to seem rude and impatient but I'd like to know how I am doing as I am worrying about sorting out my student finance late if I have to go through this process again.
Hi,
I have also applied for ucas Extra to study children's nursing at the university of west London and received an selection day 2 weeks after I applied. I would email the uni or call them today or tomorrow,just to see what is happening. They wont think you are rude,you would just like to know an answer. You could just ring and say: "Hello, My name is .... and I applied for adult nursing on the 25th Feb via UCAS extra and I am still waiting for a decision."

Good luck! :smile:
Original post by 0reobby
So I've applied to Sheffield Hallam through UCAS Extra for Adult Nursing and I applied when Extra opened (25th Feb) after ringing them asking if I could send a new personal statement which they said yes too. About two weeks ago, I got an email from the admissions assistant saying that she had updated my records accordingly with my new personal statement and they will inform me of their decision as soon as possible. It's been over 21 days now which means UCAS has given me the option to delete this choice. Should I ring them up and ask how my application is doing?? Just worrying a bit as UCAS is closing for Easter this weekend. And if I do ring, what do I say? I don't want to seem rude and impatient but I'd like to know how I am doing as I am worrying about sorting out my student finance late if I have to go through this process again.

Hey there!

It can take a little while for our courses to respond to all applicants, but if you are concerned you should call us on 0114 225 5555 and ask for Admissions. Just express your concern and they will be able to give you some further advice.

It can be a big waiting game and difficult to know when is the right time to enquire, especially when you're waiting to apply for your funding. We understand that and we're here to help :smile:

Thanks,
Laura
(Official Hallam rep)
Reply 3
Original post by futurechildnurse
Hi,
I have also applied for ucas Extra to study children's nursing at the university of west London and received an selection day 2 weeks after I applied. I would email the uni or call them today or tomorrow,just to see what is happening. They wont think you are rude,you would just like to know an answer. You could just ring and say: "Hello, My name is .... and I applied for adult nursing on the 25th Feb via UCAS extra and I am still waiting for a decision."

Good luck! :smile:

Hi, I can't reply to your private messages as I have been flagged as spam?! Don't know what to do!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending