The Student Room Group

How lenient are conditional offers?

I've got all 5 offers from Coventry (BBB), Southampton Solent (280 UCAS) Hertfordshire (280 UCAS), Liverpool John Moores (260 UCAS) and Bedfordshire (220 UCAS) for English BA. I am not a fan of Bedfordshire and LJM is my second least favourite course but I still like it. Each Uni is amazing in their own way so I don't know what to apply for also the grades required are very similar so I can't really use that to decide. I was wondering how lenient each uni are if you do not get the required grades or would it be worth calling them or would this seem like I'm begging? My favourite course is at Hertfordshire, but the best career advice is at Coventry (I don't know what I want to do after uni), my favourite teacher was at Solent but I loved the city of Liverpool and the students seemed very satisfied and passionate about the school. So I am very stuck and any advise on how I should decide would be very much appreciated.
Original post by EXTREMEsitting
I've got all 5 offers from Coventry (BBB), Southampton Solent (280 UCAS) Hertfordshire (280 UCAS), Liverpool John Moores (260 UCAS) and Bedfordshire (220 UCAS) for English BA. I am not a fan of Bedfordshire and LJM is my second least favourite course but I still like it. Each Uni is amazing in their own way so I don't know what to apply for also the grades required are very similar so I can't really use that to decide. I was wondering how lenient each uni are if you do not get the required grades or would it be worth calling them or would this seem like I'm begging? My favourite course is at Hertfordshire, but the best career advice is at Coventry (I don't know what I want to do after uni), my favourite teacher was at Solent but I loved the city of Liverpool and the students seemed very satisfied and passionate about the school. So I am very stuck and any advise on how I should decide would be very much appreciated.

I would go with the course you like the most, as everything around you is more under your control to some extent (or not fixed, if you know what I mean). Your favourite teacher might not teach you for many/any modules, or they might leave, and you can seek out career advice outside of the university, but the course is the one thing that the university provides you with (and obviously that's what you're paying for).

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending