Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free to post

Somerville College (Oxford) Students and Applicants

Announcements Posted on
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by little victor)
    i applied to Somerville maths G100. is there anyone else have the same situation and have you got the interview?
    I just got a letter from Somerville today... I applied for G100 for maths! I got rejected!!!
    Have you heard anything yet?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by icegem100)
    I just got a letter from Somerville today... I applied for G100 for maths! I got rejected!!!
    Have you heard anything yet?
    i just got the interview letter yesterday
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone else put Somverille college, Oxford as their first choice for starting in 2010??
    I'm hopefully going to do German there thought I'd try and get a head start on meeting people!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Nope, but I'm going to Girton, Cambridge in 2010,

So we'll be sisters!!!

Congrats on your offer
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hello everyone and congratulations with the interview invitations!
    I was thinking to arrange a meeting for Somerville interviewees, any volunteers?

=)
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone
    Got my interview letter a few days ago and I'm sooooo excited!
    Some kind of meeting for interviewees would be great though if anyone else is like me and a little nervous about going and not knowing anyone...personally I'm international so coming a LONG way.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    What? No posts for over 2 months? That doesn't seem right. I visited Somerville recently and they seemed the friendliest bunch of people you could wish to meet. I think it may get overlooked because the entrance is easy to miss but I thought it looked great. Once they build all the Humanities and Maths departments just next door it'll definitely be the place to be, I reckon.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Somer...Freshers-2011/

Just if anyone's interested
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I am an international applying to Somerville through my previous school in UK. I don't know if Somerville would invite me for interview through email or post. Because my corresponding address is my home town in Asia, it would take a long time if the invitation is by post. In the UCAS application form there was NOT a place for requesting Somerville to send the invitation or other things to me by email. Would anybody have any advice, please?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Yes they would.

Calm down lol
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Smallc)
    I am an international applying to Somerville through my previous school in UK. I don't know if Somerville would invite me for interview through email or post. Because my corresponding address is my home town in Asia, it would take a long time if the invitation is by post. In the UCAS application form there was NOT a place for requesting Somerville to send the invitation or other things to me by email. Would anybody have any advice, please?
    It's only natural to worry but please relax. Even if it were the first time the College were doing this, I'm sure it would be obvious that all overseas invitations should go out electronically. Even if there was plenty of time, which there won't be, post isn't always a reliable means of delivery so e-mail would be used even if time wasn't an issue.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Have anyone received a invitation letter for interview?
    I am applying for engineering science.
    I was thinking that it is a little bit to early and they should send the letter after admission test was taken.
    But one of my friends who applied for mathematics have received a letter. (and he should take an admission test as well)

Anyone?

thank you, i am new to this.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    So far I only received an acknowledgement email from the university and another from Somerville. The one from Somerville clearly states that, for science applicants, invitations for interviews would unlikely be available before 2-12-2011.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yuhaozhou)
    Have anyone received a invitation letter for interview?
    I am applying for engineering science.
    I was thinking that it is a little bit to early and they should send the letter after admission test was taken.
    But one of my friends who applied for mathematics have received a letter. (and he should take an admission test as well)

Anyone?

thank you, i am new to this.
    I don't think that Somerville has sent any letters inviting anyone to interview yet. All messages will be sent to everyone by e-mail since it is likely that there will be little enough notice even for UK students. Everyone will get at least 7 days' notice but not many will get much more, it seems.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    I have received an invitation for an interview, but this is most likely due to my status as a mature applicant. All of you will get your invitations soon, I'm sure! Anybody else out there applying/assigned to Somerville?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ellis_M)
    I have received an invitation for an interview, but this is most likely due to my status as a mature applicant. All of you will get your invitations soon, I'm sure! Anybody else out there applying/assigned to Somerville?
    What did you apply for?

I'm also an international mature applicant for PPE.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    I applied for 3 year (as opposed to senior status) law.
    Where are you from?
    Best of luck with everything.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Where are you from?
    Pakistan/Canada. And you?
    • 11 followers

ReputationRep:
    My maths teacher went here....that's all I can contribute sorry....
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Where are you from?
    Hey there, I've applied to the same course.
    I'm an international student too, doing my first year uni cause Oxford doesn't think Indian school leaving qualifications meet its requirements.

When did you send in your application?

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: October 12, 2014
New on TSR

GCSE English mock revision

Revise together & check out past papers

Article updates
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.