The Student Room Group

Edexcel IAL Biology Unit 5 (WBI05) Scientific Article Discussion - June 2016

Scroll to see replies

Guys, i feel like reading the article and keeping the Biology text book beside you for reference actually helps. Every time you come across any topic in the article that you've already learnt about in your text book, you can just stop there, and read that specific topic in the book and then continue with the article. In that way you're revising every topic where questions can be asked from. You wont feel like you're missing out on anything. Just to make sure you know and that you've revised all the topics mentioned in the article. :smile:
AND THANK YOU TO ALL THOSE SENDING PREDICTED QUESTIONS! :colondollar::h: our teacher denied giving us any.
I really like the way you're preparing your notes. They're really good.
Original post by Aimen.
20160328_195151.jpg
These are the article questions with answers for first few paragraphs. im still working on the rest! would someone please recheck 'em for me?
Reply 22
Original post by J_Jaweria
Guys, i feel like reading the article and keeping the Biology text book beside you for reference actually helps. Every time you come across any topic in the article that you've already learnt about in your text book, you can just stop there, and read that specific topic in the book and then continue with the article. In that way you're revising every topic where questions can be asked from. You wont feel like you're missing out on anything. Just to make sure you know and that you've revised all the topics mentioned in the article. :smile:
AND THANK YOU TO ALL THOSE SENDING PREDICTED QUESTIONS! :colondollar::h: our teacher denied giving us any.

Almost exactly like what I do! I read a paragraph and underline any important word or phrase i've ever seen in AS or A2, then I open the book and look for possible explanations and make probable questions and get my teacher to read the paragraph to see if I've missed on any probable question!
Guys I said I'd give you the expected questions but the bio teacher still hasn't made the students write them yet...
Probably by next week then.
Guys is this scientific article for 6BIO5 (Edexcel Bio Unit 5)?? It says international A-level which I'm not sure about.
Reply 25
Original post by Kamran Fazal
Guys I don't take biology but some of my classmates take biology and their teacher is gonna make them write expected questions. If you guys want them I can give it to you guys.

When are you expected to get the notes?
Original post by Aimen.
When are you expected to get the notes?

By next week hopefully! Not 100% sure though.
Reply 27
By next week hopefully! Not 100% sure though.

oh well! I believe quite alot of us here are waiting!:colondollar:
Original post by Aimen.
oh well! I believe quite alot of us here are waiting!:colondollar:

Aimen, in your notes you wrote "mRNA is made from DNA in nucleolus". why not just nucleus?
Also, it would be better to mention "complementary base pair rule" instead of writing "match". Just to impress the examiner. :wink: :smile:)
Reply 29
Original post by J_Jaweria
Aimen, in your notes you wrote "mRNA is made from DNA in nucleolus". why not just nucleus?
Also, it would be better to mention "complementary base pair rule" instead of writing "match". Just to impress the examiner. :wink: :smile:)

I am doing Sat 2 this year, so my Biology Sat book says it's better to say nucleolus rather than nucleus. Anyway we could always write nuclues (the same thing tho!) And about that complementary base pair rule.. Thanks for correction 🙋
Original post by Ladymusiclover
Guys is this scientific article for 6BIO5 (Edexcel Bio Unit 5)?? It says international A-level which I'm not sure about.

This is for WBI05
i.e. Not for the ordinary GCE a levels, but for international students
Original post by ssshah2
i.e. Not for the ordinary GCE a levels, but for international students

It;s IAL - International A-levels which are basically the same as normal a-levels but without practical experiments instead, they ask us to write a complete investigation in unit 6
Original post by ssshah2
This is for WBI05

Yeah I realised this was the wrong one. Thanks.
Reply 34
something else that I did: write a summary of each paragraph and the lesson it relates to. Helps a little :smile:
Guys I don't take biology but some of my classmates take biology and their teacher is gonna make them write expected questions. If you guys want them I can give it to you guys.

Me too!!!
Reply 36
20160411_205340-1.jpg

Guys this is scientific article notes#2
If anyone wants to help me out by rechecking them for me.. that'd be great!
:u:

Hey, did you manage to get the questions yet? :smile:
Reply 38
Guyssss.. Can anyone give me some questions??
DNA dips into the nucleolus to break the hydrogen bonds first. then free activated RNA molecules will complementary base pair to make mRNA

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending