The Student Room Group
Students relaxing
University of Derby
Derby
Visit website

What should i spend my final student payment on?

I get my final student finance payment of £3.6k in two weeks. What should i spend this on? I did buy some gold, but then cashed in 2/3s of that to pay off my credit cards. I will still have about £1k left over when i pay them all off now, so what should i spend this on??

Scroll to see replies

Original post by john2054
I get my final student finance payment of £3.6k in two weeks. What should i spend this on? I did buy some gold, but then cashed in 2/3s of that to pay off my credit cards. I will still have about £1k left over when i pay them all off now, so what should i spend this on??

Personally I d save it in a value added current account or buy something techy with it.
Students relaxing
University of Derby
Derby
Visit website
Reply 2

I'd go on holiday in fact thats exactly what I'm going to do.
I see no reason for the rush to spend it. If you have to ask strangers what you should spend your money on, then maybe you shouldn't be spending it?
Reply 4
Original post by SophieSmall
I see no reason for the rush to spend it. If you have to ask strangers what you should spend your money on, then maybe you shouldn't be spending it?

i'm not very good at saving though, that's my only problem sophie??
A partay!
i'm not very good at saving though, that's my only problem sophie??

It's not a problem so much as an excuse.
Are you in your final year?
Put at least £500 aside for job interviews.

You'll thank me later.
I'm with Sophie on this. Can't see any reason to spend it just because it's there.
Reply 10
Original post by rayquaza17
Are you in your final year?

correct
Reply 11
Original post by similarBlank
A partay!

We're going out soon. And with the prices of drinks these days, i think that will be some of it down the drain!
Reply 12
It's not a problem so much as an excuse.

You really don't like me huh?
You really don't like me huh?

lol, why would I dislike you?
I don't dislike you, you just said something which in my opinion is ridiculous. I call everyone out on stuff like that, friend or foe. Don't take it personally.
correct

Have you got a job lined up?
Sarrys (well some of it)
Reply 16
lol, why would I dislike you?
I don't dislike you, you just said something which in my opinion is ridiculous. I call everyone out on stuff like that, friend or foe. Don't take it personally.

What is so ridiculous about spending my student money, do you think i'm the only student to do this/??

£1,000 you say....

Spoiler

Reply 18
Original post by rayquaza17
Have you got a job lined up?

No, but i do have an unconditional place on the masters in education at my uni, for starting in September. Which is a relief!
Donate it to me

Quick Reply

Latest