The Student Room Group

So worried

Hi! I really need some advice. :frown: I'm from the Netherlands, starting university in September in Central London and I will be receiving the Dutch student loan and a maintenance grant as well. However, these will be handed out as instalments on a monthly basis and I was wondering whether UCAS wants you to pay in full in advance? I'm not able to pay 9,000 pounds at once! :frown:
Reply 1
Original post by Abramovic
Hi! I really need some advice. :frown: I'm from the Netherlands, starting university in September in Central London and I will be receiving the Dutch student loan and a maintenance grant as well. However, these will be handed out as instalments on a monthly basis and I was wondering whether UCAS wants you to pay in full in advance? I'm not able to pay 9,000 pounds at once! :frown:

You pay your tuition fee to your uni and not to UCAS. Contact your uni, explain the situation and ask whether they will accept monthly fee payments. You won't be the first Dutch student they've had, so they should be able to accommodate your funding.
Reply 2
Original post by Klix88
You pay your tuition fee to your uni and not to UCAS. Contact your uni, explain the situation and ask whether they will accept monthly fee payments. You won't be the first Dutch student they've had, so they should be able to accommodate your funding.

Thank you! :smile: I would have chosen for UK funding, but they don't cover any living expenses and then I would be unable to go at alll...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending