The Student Room Group

2016 Official AQA New Spec AS Level Physics Paper 1 - 24th of May 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Logic4Life
These papers are an absolute joke in my opinion. Just did Paper 1 on the second set of specimen papers and was lost throughout... The question about moments was impossible and also the one about working out time taken for p to fall. Just look at the mark scheme for those 2 questions it would be virtually impossible for me to even get a mark on those questions.

Bear in mind that these mark schemes do not go through the standard process of checking, so they'll be a lot stricter than the mark schemes of the real papers. And these papers are really difficult anyway - hopefully, the ones we sit are a lot nicer.
Reply 81
Asside to the level if difficulty of the new tests, are we all feeling prepared? Don't you know all the material?
Original post by Logic4Life
These papers are an absolute joke in my opinion. Just did Paper 1 on the second set of specimen papers and was lost throughout... The question about moments was impossible and also the one about working out time taken for p to fall. Just look at the mark scheme for those 2 questions it would be virtually impossible for me to even get a mark on those questions.

I got answers for these - I can post my workings for them if you want, but idk if it'll help :smile:
Original post by Exavior
Asside to the level if difficulty of the new tests, are we all feeling prepared? Don't you know all the material?

I felt sort of prepared till I saw these papers, lool
Reply 84
Original post by Chickenslayer69

How did the paper go for you?
Original post by Psraim
How did the paper go for you?

Didn't really do the whole thing, just did the ones that looked troubling.
Reply 86
Pretty sure the whole paper was troubling :P
Reply 87

Haha Lol me too. Really big confidence degrader!
I got answers for these - I can post my workings for them if you want, but idk if it'll help :smile:

Yes please if you don't mind
Not looking forward to this exam, seems like its going to be pretty hard. Why does our year seem to get the specification change every time leaving us with barely any resources?!?!
Original post by Charnette x
My whole class, including me, had our confidence crushed after those papers :'(

I know a lot of people who found both sets of those specimen papers easy and when we did them in class I got 65 marks for paper 1 and 63 marks for paper 2. So I don't mind if they put out a paper of similar difficulty
Reply 91
Seriously????
Original post by STRANGER2
I know a lot of people who found both sets of those specimen papers easy and when we did them in class I got 65 marks for paper 1 and 63 marks for paper 2. So I don't mind if they put out a paper of similar difficulty

TF man you've either learned more than the rest of us or we are all retarded and I don't think its the latter
Original post by not_lucas1
TF man you've either learned more than the rest of us or we are all retarded and I don't think its the latter

Well, I finished the whole spec by myself at around October and since then all I was doing was past papers, so I'm already used to all those difficult questions
Dayum
[QUOTE="SolomonP;65030281"]Dayum[/QUOTE

As long as there's people like me around I doubt very much that the grade boundaries will change.

Feel very sorry for most people 😆
Well, I finished the whole spec by myself at around October and since then all I was doing was past papers, so I'm already used to all those difficult questions

How did you finish the spec in a month
[QUOTE="STRANGER2;65030927"]
Original post by SolomonP
Dayum[/QUOTE

As long as there's people like me around I doubt very much that the grade boundaries will change.

If the vast majority of people find the paper difficult, the grade boundaries will most likely be lowered, regardless of outliers.

Posted from TSR Mobile
[QUOTE="WhyAlwaysMe?!;65031143"]

If the vast majority of people find the paper difficult, the grade boundaries will most likely be lowered, regardless of outliers.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Pretty sure he's jusf a troll, if you check hia poat history he was asking about the unreleased specimen papers, but apparently his class had already done it?

Uh, yeah, nice attempt at trolling and/or being as smug as possible :biggrin:
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest