Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website

Lancaster Undergraduates 2016:)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by northwestsixth
Definitely. The facilities are top quality and the library (pretty important for my subject) has so many resources readily available. The accommodation for what I pay is great, compared to some of my friends at other institutions who pay a lot more for the exact same. The campus atmosphere adds a different dimension to Lancaster which I think make it one of the best universities. Lancaster is often looked past because it's not in the Russell Group, but don't be fooled! In terms of research and in terms of results, Lancaster easily matches many and even exceeds some of the Russell Group.

Sounds fantastic. The library was finished when I went back on my applicant day in February and it was amazing - it was just endless space and walkways and study areas. The feel I got from Lancaster when I visited on the open and applicant days was that it's quite modest and humble - it doesn't hark on about it's rankings and research and everything. And the smaller emphasis placed on research suggested to me it focuses more on the actual teaching side of things..would you agree? Course/department specific I know.
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website
Original post by Loz_98
Hi! What accomodation do you recommend? :smile:

I'd recommend basic ensuite in any of the accommodations. However, Bowland Halls have the biggest rooms! It's £114.10 a week (it may have been raised, do check) :smile:
Original post by Jack98
Sounds fantastic. The library was finished when I went back on my applicant day in February and it was amazing - it was just endless space and walkways and study areas. The feel I got from Lancaster when I visited on the open and applicant days was that it's quite modest and humble - it doesn't hark on about it's rankings and research and everything. And the smaller emphasis placed on research suggested to me it focuses more on the actual teaching side of things..would you agree? Course/department specific I know.

I'd say that my department are particularly devoted to their teaching. The lecturers operate an open door policy, meaning that you can go and speak to them during their office hours, even sometimes without appointment. They are also very helpful, and contact me back very swiftly if I have emailed them. :smile:
have firmed Lancaster for physics :biggrin:
Hii, my name is Cristina, I´m just firmed my offer for Law for next year under Erasmus programme. We have the posibility of staying on campus or in a flat, but I personally prefer to life in a flat. I´m from Spain and I would like to share an apartament with foreign students or with british in order to improve my english and they also could learn or improve their spanish language. If anyone know a website where you can find partners for share an apartment please let me know.
Original post by cristinagg_10
Hii, my name is Cristina, I´m just firmed my offer for Law for next year under Erasmus programme. We have the posibility of staying on campus or in a flat, but I personally prefer to life in a flat. I´m from Spain and I would like to share an apartament with foreign students or with british in order to improve my english and they also could learn or improve their spanish language. If anyone know a website where you can find partners for share an apartment please let me know.

Hi Cristina i've also firmed Law in Lancaster next year so hopefully i'll see you there!! Unfortunately i dont know anything about living off campus in Lancaster but i just thought i'd say hi!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi, I'm Eloise and I'm from Devon. I'm on a gap year so already have my grades and I've accepted an offer from Lancaster for French Studies and History :smile: Good luck to all of you with exams!! :smile:
Does anyone know whether accommodation is open yet? I have a unconditional to start Geography in October :smile:
Reply 68
I'm Jenny and I'm hoping to do Biomedical Science 😊 Is anyone else thinking about applying for studio accommodation in Grizedale? I know they advise not to do it in your first year because there aren't any communal areas but if you can meet others who are staying in the studios it won't be so bad for freshers week and for the rest of the first year 😋 my second choice would probably be Bowland Superior En Suite 😊

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 69
Does anybody have any idea what other courses they will study as part of the flexible degree scheme which you choose after registration in October? I have firmed an offer for Politics and International Relations but I'm thinking of possibly doing law, history, geography, management or linguistics. What about everyone else?
Original post by Jack98
Does anybody have any idea what other courses they will study as part of the flexible degree scheme which you choose after registration in October? I have firmed an offer for Politics and International Relations but I'm thinking of possibly doing law, history, geography, management or linguistics. What about everyone else?

I was thinking of looking into international law because i have an offer for law but would love a year out abroad

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 71
Original post by loveire&song
have firmed Lancaster for physics :biggrin:

Same, Nice to meet you.
Hi guys I have made Lancaster my firm option to study economics and have made it my insurance for economics and politics
Reply 73
Original post by Lumorngwen
Hi, I'm Eloise and I'm from Devon. I'm on a gap year so already have my grades and I've accepted an offer from Lancaster for French Studies and History :smile: Good luck to all of you with exams!! :smile:

I'm also from Devon going to study Spanish Studies and History!:smile:
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by thxmas7
Same, Nice to meet you.

Cool! Hi, I'm Alice :smile: Which course did you apply for? I applied for the straight MPhys
Original post by Lumorngwen

Hey! I've firmed for French Studies and Geography :smile:
Hey, everyone; I'm Ronan, from Cumbria.

I set History (with hopefully an English Lit minor) as my firm choice last month and I did my accommodation application the other day, with Grizedale as main and Furness as my 2nd choice.
(edited 7 years ago)
Lancaster (acc and management)-industry
Cass(acc and finance)
Nottingham(acc finance management)
Which one to select as my firm choice
Somebody please help me and explain why

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 78
Hey I'm coming to study Ecology this year, I've chosen Grizedale and Bowland as my College choices!
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 79
Yeah hi. Just wondering about what would be the best accomodation to go into. I feel like townhouses are the best socially, and getting an en suite would be nice but second to socialbility. Thinking grizedale and some other social college
Thanks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending