The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Should women's bathrooms have urinals?

Scroll to see replies

Great post. Everyone here has taken the bait and I'm not really surprised to be honest. OP is literally playing devils advocate, considering how dumb much of the equality rhetoric is these days surely having urinals in a woman's toilet is only...fair, right? ahaha
Surely if they identify as a woman, they will use a toilet like a woman.. They're all in cubicles anyway so they could just stand/sit (however they usually do it) and no one would even know or be bothered by it..
If it has to take out its ding dong to pee, something tells its not all woman.

Both men and women have penises? Since when? Is this what is being taught in biology and health class or this is what you truly believe in? If I kick a "woman" in the balls, the fact he has balls is enough to label him a he. I never heard of a woman with a big ding dong in my life before because it doesn't exist.

Its discrimination to not place urinals in the GIRLS/LADIES bathroom? You might as well call it discrimination that have woman only clothes section.

If a man wants to uses the girls bathroom so bad, he better learn to bend down and pee or he can go to the BOYS/MEN bathroom where there are URINALS.

Great idea! Place urinals in a bathroom for girls who don't use em! Waste of money, and does it make sense to force change on people just for the minority?

If 99% of the women/girls don't want urinals in their bathrooms, does it make sense to place them there anyway in case the rare unicorn wants to take a visit (transgender guy)?
(edited 8 years ago)
Wow.

Transphobics really do love to present absurd ideas in order to discredit trans people.

It's particularly ridiculous when what they're suggesting already exists:
http://www.brkh.co.uk/shewee-inal/
Surely yes but just in stalls? But then I suppose you may as well just use the toilet itself? I feel like the point of the womens bathroom culturally is that we don't flash each other so as long as whatever facility is in a stall I don't see why it should matter. Also shameless but here's a link to my blog post about having a transgender sibling - https://thesecretlifeofrosie.wordpress.com/2016/03/24/first-blog-post/
Surely the simple solution to this problem is to ask what grounds we divide bathroom up on. Is it sex or is it gender? Personally I think it should be sex, it stops trans people from having to ask the question which bathroom I should go to and it would eliminate the need for bizarre ideas like urinals in the ladies toilet.
That rhetoric you displayed which is destroying society. Because i don't agree that everything in the god damn world should be equal does not mean I'm bigoted. Same if i don't want open door immigration doesn't mean I'm racist. You left wing lot love to name call and its rather petty.
I'm sorry but this goes against the whole transgender idea. If a person views themselves as a woman they would not be comfortable using a urinal in women's' toilets. A better idea would be gender-neutral toilets where it wouldn't matter what sex you identify as.
Original post by Smidge_midge
I'm sorry but this goes against the whole transgender idea. If a person views themselves as a woman they would not be comfortable using a urinal in women's' toilets. A better idea would be gender-neutral toilets where it wouldn't matter what sex you identify as.

You cannot identify as another sex. It is gender that you are apparently able to self identify with,
Reply 49
Political correctness gone mad! How do you think actual women would feel seeing a man obviously disguised as a women having a wee in a urinal in a female toilet! I'm all for gender equality and equal rights but posts like this portray how everything wrong in people's minds in 2016. People like yourself writing this nonsense have always got a lot to say on such issues which are really of no concern to anyone!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Thaladan

These transgender women do, of course, use women's bathrooms. Suppose, however, that some of these women would very much like to use a urinal.

If they do use a urinal, then they are not behaving in the stereotypical male way. And this is all gender is: sexual stereotypes.
Original post by Tamil Tiger
If you have a penis you are not a female.

You can be, in the sense of gender though, and not sex.
Have a penis and want to use a urinal? The men's room is right next door (which is probably where you should be anyway... Yeah, I said it).
Original post by Dandaman1
Have a penis and want to use a urinal? The men's room is right next door (which is probably where you should be anyway... Yeah, I said it).

This man has more balls than I have had hot meals.
But yeah he's right.
never read anything so stupid
Original post by mojojojo101
Why cant we do both?

Exactly. There is nothing stopping us from pushing for further change within the perimeters of our own societies, whilst helping to fight for equality abroad.

Latest