The Student Room Group

Get fit get a summer bod

Spring is just around the corner, are you working out hard to get a summer bod?
Changed my dieting habits drastically.

I now hold the self control to make sure the whole wrapper is off before eating the chocolate bar.

Personal growth is so satisfying.
Original post by BristolFresher15
Changed my dieting habits drastically.

I now hold the self control to make sure the whole wrapper is off before eating the chocolate bar.

Personal growth is so satisfying.

But don't your hands get messy? If the whole wrapper is off? :redface:
Original post by TheonlyMrsHolmes
But don't your hands get messy? If the whole wrapper is off? :redface:

Its a better alternative to Aluminium foil poisoning.
Nop, I'm focusing on bulking at the moment with the focus of improving the weak points in my Physique and growing overall.

I will cut from July+ to 8% body fat but thats just to prove to myself that I can achieve that body fat % and conditioning before I would most likely just bulk for a solid year on wards etc before I cut again.

Its all about that mental game>Physical game.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by BristolFresher15
Its a better alternative to Aluminium foil poisoning.

The anticipation...it is always satisfying when you take the time to unwrap your food and savour the taste :tongue:
Original post by XxKingSniprxX
Nop, I'm focusing on bulking at the moment with the focus of improving the weak points in my Physique and growing overall.

I will cut from July+ to 8% body fat but thats just to prove to myself that I can achieve that body fat % and conditioning before I would most likely just bulk for a solid year on wards etc before I cut again.

Its all about that mental game>Physical game.

Any tips on how to increase your physique?
Reply 7
My body fat ratio is about 9-10% at the moment. Now I'm focusing on getting more toned and bulking only very slightly. I'm more into my martial arts, running and bouldering so I don't want to gain a lot of mass.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Study Inn Group
Any tips on how to increase your physique?

Best tip would be: Be in a small caloric surplus + be patient.

Adherence will bring results, it may not be today or tomorrow but one day in the future your hard
work will pay off. :smile:
Spring is just around the corner, are you working out hard to get a summer bod?

I maintain my 'summer bod' all year round. You don't need to get fat to put on muscle.
Original post by Howbeit
My body fat ratio is about 9-10% at the moment. Now I'm focusing on getting more toned and bulking only very slightly. I'm more into my martial arts, running and bouldering so I don't want to gain a lot of mass.

9-10% body fat is quite a good ratio? Do you spend a lot of time outside of studies keeping fit? How do you find your balance?:redface:
Original post by KissMyAbs
I maintain my 'summer bod' all year round. You don't need to get fat to put on muscle.

And would you go about achieving the result? :colondollar:
9-10% body fat is quite a good ratio? Do you spend a lot of time outside of studies keeping fit? How do you find your balance?:redface:

I'm one of the lucky ones who doesn't have to keep a really watchful eye to maintain a good body image. I don't tend to eat a lot but I also run, do bouldering, some road cycling and used to do a lot of martial arts :smile:
And would you go about achieving the result? :colondollar:

Don't be lazy.
Original post by KissMyAbs

You don't and a lot of people **** it up royally (I too am guilty of going mad on a bulk and overdoing it a bit when I know it's not helping me gain any extra muscle), but a small surplus and accepting a little fat gain is always going to see you growing faster.

My sister is always lecturing me about how her male friends never put on fat and they have muscles so I'm doing it wrong - they've been lifting about the same amount of time as me, and in the last year or two their physiques haven't really changed, whereas mine has come leaps and bounds.

I'll soon be keeping my bulking and cutting phases shorter to maintain a better shape (some decent abs) year round as I feel I'm way past the stage where I need to bulk for extended periods, but too many people are scared of losing their abs and want to look good now when really you're best off working to an end goal and taking the rough with the smooth.

Quick Reply

Latest