The Student Room Group
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter

Electrical and Electronic Engineering

Hi, I was just wondering if any students currently studying Electronic engineering at Exeter could give me their opinions of the course please? I've missed the offer holder days because I received my offer so late..I would really appreciate it if someone could give their thoughts :smile:
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by RockConcert
Hi, I was just wondering if any students currently studying Electronic engineering at Exeter could give me their opinions of the course please? I've missed the offer holder days because I received my offer so late..I would really appreciate it if someone could give their thoughts :smile:

Avoid it.

I'm just about to finish up my MEng in Electronic Engineering here and quite frankly it's not been a good 4 years.

The standard of teaching has on the whole been poor, I can only think of two genuinely good lecturers and a few decent ones that I've had while the rest have been anything from bad to awful. The course content itself has been largely boring, very little in the way of any practical elements and it seems pretty out of date with little content that is relevant nowadays, and the workshop/lab facilities for Electronics are dreadful.

Quite frankly if I could go back 4 years knowing what I do now there is no way in hell I'd have applied here.
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter
Reply 2
Original post by mackemforever
Avoid it.

I'm just about to finish up my MEng in Electronic Engineering here and quite frankly it's not been a good 4 years.

The standard of teaching has on the whole been poor, I can only think of two genuinely good lecturers and a few decent ones that I've had while the rest have been anything from bad to awful. The course content itself has been largely boring, very little in the way of any practical elements and it seems pretty out of date with little content that is relevant nowadays, and the workshop/lab facilities for Electronics are dreadful.

Quite frankly if I could go back 4 years knowing what I do now there is no way in hell I'd have applied here.

Ok, thanks for saying! Definitely think I won't make it my 1st/back up choice :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending