The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
girls compliment girls often, usually when they want something.
guys compliment girls if they want sex
shinytoy

Disagree. That's far too general.

I compliment girls to make them feel attractive and good about themselves.

I flirt with girls if I want sex.
Reply 62
shinytoy

I hope not, considering my dad sometimes compliments me!
Reply 63
Miss_W
:p: Nopeee not me.

OK then, I believe you.
Reply 64
Miss_W
I hope not, considering my dad sometimes compliments me!

:rofl:
AisAis
My mum never says I'm pretty! :bawling:

Probably because you look liek a right dog :rolleyes:
Reply 66
i guess that for most girls, they will get lots of compliments from friends, bf and parents, and its pretty rare for anyone to get complimented randomly by strangers I guess, unless you really are stunning.

I have never approached a stranger and told them they look pretty, so I wouldn't expect it.
Reply 67
Not often, and pretty much only by my boyfriend. Other than that, it tends to be creepy guys at the pub, haha.
I guess I don't really get told that I'm pretty that often, except by family, but it's quite commun for us to compliment eachothers clothing/ hair etc. I don't think I really get compliments from boys, except my dad.
Not loads or anything but people have told me I am pretty..it's not like a regular event lol
Reply 70
cheekylittleminx
Not loads or anything but people have told me I am pretty..it's not like a regular event lol

You are THE SECKS ;yes;
Tufts
You are THE SECKS ;yes;

Agreed, she's a lovely-looking lass.

Bit like yourself. :wink:
Reply 72
My boyfriend and I spend most of our time calling each other ugly (we have a wonderful relationship :P) and my parents tell me I'm fat quite a lot, but my friends greet me with "Hi gorgeous" every day, so it's not all bad.
Reply 73
Psyk
I can't speak for other men, but if I told a girl she's pretty I would mean it. And if I honestly thought she was attractive, I'd want to have sex with her. So it would be very difficult to not make it seem like a come on, because it sort of would be.

Hahahaha!!

Well... I guess that's why society is not sometimes used to that "Male-Female" Friendship...

If you go to a friend (or friend of a friend... whatever)... and say... "You're stunning!!" ... They start to think weird things...

Afortunatelly my friends are used to it... So they won't think weird things when I say that to them :p:

That guys compliment girls when they want sex?? Pfff... I guess they do... But that's not my strategy... Lol
Reply 74
fantasque
My boyfriend and I spend most of our time calling each other ugly (we have a wonderful relationship :P) and my parents tell me I'm fat quite a lot, but my friends greet me with "Hi gorgeous" every day, so it's not all bad.

:eek: do you and your bf mean it, or is it just in a jokey way
Sometimes from my guy mates, but usually when they're drunk or feeling generally flirty. My dad always tells me I'm pretty, lol, but thats because I share his genes

I get them more when I fish for compliments :wink: lol I know it's unattractive to do that, but I think everyone has done it at one point

But generally, I don't get told that I'm pretty very often
Reply 76
never.
pretty much.
all my dad seems to come out with is jokey things like ' ill buy you a brown paper bag to put over your face for the holidays but not that skirt'
'eww look at that big zit'
'you're having a big-nose day aren't you?'
'pull your stomach in!'

hmmm... fun :P
Reply 77
My friend's dad once told me I looked beautiful; my History and Geography teachers at school once and a random bloke I met on holiday (go foreign waiters). It's not like I believed them mind :p:
Lucia.
My friend's dad once told me I looked beautiful; my History and Geography teachers at school once and a random bloke I met on holiday (go foreign waiters). It's not like I believed them mind :p:

That reminds me, my Physics teacher used to tell me and I wasn't sure if it was nice or inappropriate! :p:
Reply 79
bunthulhu
That reminds me, my Physics teacher used to tell me and I wasn't sure if it was nice or inappropriate! :p:

You certainly are.

Latest