The Student Room Group

Is Peep Show any good?

I don't watch much TV so I totally missed the Peep Show hype. Is it worth watching all the seaons back to back now that it's Easter?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Cashmere_Cat
I don't watch much TV so I totally missed the Peep Show hype. Is it worth watching all the seaons back to back now that it's Easter?

Well worth it :smile:
Peep Show is amazing.

Yes, it is well worth watching all the seasons back to back. It's just too good.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 3

YES
Reply 4
One of the best comedies in my opinion
It is a tiny bit marmite because of the funky camera style, but I think most people like it or get over it
Peep Show is easily one of the best things that ever happened to Croydon, and the world in general.
Great show - definitely recommend.

Original post by 1 8 13 20 42
It is a tiny bit marmite because of the funky camera style, but I think most people like it or get over it

As "13 1 20 8 42" said, the camera style is rather marmite-like - well worth checking out nonetheless.
Peep Show is one of the best British sitcoms of the last twenty years, watching it would be a fantastic use of time!

I genuinely resent people like you who have yet to pop their Peep Show cherry
Yes. Watch it! :tongue:
Original post by a noble chance

I genuinely resent people like you who have yet to pop their Peep Show cherry

I feel the same about people who haven't seen Breaking Bad.
Start right now if you can.
I feel the same about people who haven't seen Breaking Bad.

Does it get good right off the bat or do I need to give it some time?
Watch it.

If you don't, I'll go back 5 years and neg you so you lose all of your gems :colonhash:

I hope this threat is sufficient motivation :lol:

It really is excellent though, and it will be funny right away and then incredible when you invest in the characters.
Original post by ByronicHero
Watch it.

If you don't, I'll go back 5 years and neg you so you lose all of your gems :colonhash:

I hope this threat is sufficient motivation :lol:

It really is excellent though, and it will be funny right away and then incredible when you invest in the characters.

Don't do that! I like my gems!

I'll give it a watch then, thank you! x
That plus watch a Mitchell and Webb Look (same two main actors in a series of recurring sketches)
Does it get good right off the bat or do I need to give it some time?

The first series is a bit clumsier with camera work and stuff like that and the dialogue and jokes are not as finessed as later series but it picks up steam quickly. It's one of those shows where you'll end up feeling recurrent urges to chain people to chairs and force them to watch your long list of favourite moments

Original post by Metrododo
That plus watch a Mitchell and Webb Look (same two main actors in a series of recurring sketches)

I thought M & W was crap to be honest. Remember that one with the superhero and the BMX guy? Really desperate stuff
Original post by Metrododo

The first series is a bit clumsier with camera work and stuff like that and the dialogue and jokes are not as finessed as later series but it picks up steam quickly. It's one of those shows where you'll end up feeling recurrent urges to chain people to chairs and force them to watch your long list of favourite moments

I thought M & W was crap to be honest. Remember that one with the superhero and the BMX guy? Really desperate stuff

They were also in an earlier sketch show, Bruiser.
Original post by cashmere_cat
is it worth watching all the seaons back to back now that it's easter?

yes, yes, yes

Quick Reply

Latest