The Student Room Group

Which to firm?

Surrey or Exeter are my 2 main choices

I've visited both and seen that they are really similar, but when I went to Surrey it seemed the Computer Science academics were much better at teaching imo, and their employability stats seem really good alongside the year in industry as well as it being closer to home.

Exeter's campus is pretty much identical campus and I am in for the masters course but i'm not sure which university has the better reputation in Computer Science, as Surrey has the high graduate-level employability whereas Exeter is a Russell group

As far as I know, nightlife in both places is dreadful and I don't really mind going to either, just as long as there are more benefits
Original post by kingLAWZA
Surrey or Exeter are my 2 main choices

I've visited both and seen that they are really similar, but when I went to Surrey it seemed the Computer Science academics were much better at teaching imo, and their employability stats seem really good alongside the year in industry as well as it being closer to home.

Exeter's campus is pretty much identical campus and I am in for the masters course but i'm not sure which university has the better reputation in Computer Science, as Surrey has the high graduate-level employability whereas Exeter is a Russell group

As far as I know, nightlife in both places is dreadful and I don't really mind going to either, just as long as there are more benefits

Based on what you've written would pick Surrey. The gap in reputation between Surrey and Exeter is not great enough that it would merit going to Exeter and potentially getting a poor education.

Also, the year in industry is a very strong bonus - will definitely help a great deal with your future employability.

Quick Reply