The Student Room Group

Msc Human Resources Management & Employment Relations - Warwick - Opinions

Hello!

I am Atena and I am new in this forum.

Is anyone a student a Msc student in Human Resources Management at the Warwick Business School?

May you tell me how do you find the course, if you like it, if there are many international students, etc? In general, I would like to receive some honest and straight-forward info/opinions about this course before accepting the offer.

Looking forward for your answers

Thank you =)

P.S. Is there anyone out there who is thinking to study at Warwick as postgraduate student next year? =)
Reply 1
Hey

I can't tell you about your specific course, but I am 95% sure I will be studying my Msc there next year.

I attended the open day on Wednesday for the Business School, and the place is absolutely amazing. Design and technology is so modern with 24/7 access (even to the lecture theatres I think). As far as Demographics, I can't say for sure but I think its heavily foreign, mainly far eastern.

At the open day there were around 25 students being shown around. I believe I might've been 1 of 2 English students, with around 80% being Chinese.

Hope this helps
Reply 2
Original post by StefanG
Hey

I can't tell you about your specific course, but I am 95% sure I will be studying my Msc there next year.

I attended the open day on Wednesday for the Business School, and the place is absolutely amazing. Design and technology is so modern with 24/7 access (even to the lecture theatres I think). As far as Demographics, I can't say for sure but I think its heavily foreign, mainly far eastern.

At the open day there were around 25 students being shown around. I believe I might've been 1 of 2 English students, with around 80% being Chinese.

Hope this helps

thanks =) i will go there next week, so i can give a look around. anyway, let's keep in touch, because i'll be there also next year!
Reply 3
Original post by atena123
thanks =) i will go there next week, so i can give a look around. anyway, let's keep in touch, because i'll be there also next year!

no problem! For sure.

On a side note, its definitely worth a visit, great place.
Reply 4
Hello guys!

I have been accepted to study at Warwick as well and specifically at the MSc in HRM and Employment Relations.

I am still considering whether I should accept the offer because I also got accepted by Manchester Business School.

I've been told that the Warwick campus is pretty great but checking the accommodation photos through the official website I was kinda disappointed! I expected more since the tuitions are so high and the campus is in the middle of nowhere!

Could you please give me your insights since you've visited the campus?
Reply 5
Original post by efikele
Hello guys!

I have been accepted to study at Warwick as well and specifically at the MSc in HRM and Employment Relations.

I am still considering whether I should accept the offer because I also got accepted by Manchester Business School.

I've been told that the Warwick campus is pretty great but checking the accommodation photos through the official website I was kinda disappointed! I expected more since the tuitions are so high and the campus is in the middle of nowhere!

Could you please give me your insights since you've visited the campus?

Campus is pretty big - bars/restaurants/supermarket etc

Business School is very modern and plush, lots of high tech lecture theatres and study areas

I've only looked briefly but student accommodation looks the same as any university I've seen. There is a range from cheap to expensive, and you get what you pay for really.
Reply 6
Ehi there!

I have been visiting the campus and it is truly great; even though it is really in the middle of nowhere, it has everything in it (shops, restaurants, sport centre, ect) and the environment is energetic and intellectualy stimulating. Around the campus is full of green open spaces and I just love it - but depends on your tastes.

I have seen the small towns around the university: Coventry is a very sad place, but Leminghton and Warwick are very pretty and lively. I believe that I will not stay in the University accomodations and I will look for something cheaper. Leminghton is very well connected to the univerisity and Coventry too. From Warwick, there is actually only a bus (or maybe two) service.

Maybe I'll see you there next year! Let's keep in touch =D

Quick Reply

Latest