The Student Room Group

Maths GCSE Grade

Dear All,

I am currently studying Geography, Economics, English Literature and French at AS level and will to A2's next year

I am predicted between AAA and A* A* A* (no official prediction but the ones teachers have given me)

However I am faced with a slight problem as all of the universities I would want to apply to do Economics require at least a B in maths where i missed it by a mark. What should I do? I would love to apply to do economics but law and english literature are also possibilities.

Any advice,

Thanks
Original post by kdizzle123
Dear All,

I am currently studying Geography, Economics, English Literature and French at AS level and will to A2's next year

I am predicted between AAA and A* A* A* (no official prediction but the ones teachers have given me)

However I am faced with a slight problem as all of the universities I would want to apply to do Economics require at least a B in maths where i missed it by a mark. What should I do? I would love to apply to do economics but law and english literature are also possibilities.

Any advice,

Thanks

Retake GCSE Maths. No way around it.
Were there mitigating circumstances? If you found GCSE Maths difficult then you may struggle with aspects of an Economics degree.
Reply 3
Original post by YaliaV
Were there mitigating circumstances? If you found GCSE Maths difficult then you may struggle with aspects of an Economics degree.

No mitigating circumstances, got a great grade in one i think it was a really high A or A* and completely flunked the other paper, god knows why.
Original post by kdizzle123
No mitigating circumstances, got a great grade in one i think it was a really high A or A* and completely flunked the other paper, god knows why.

It sounds like you're capable anyway. Yeah, just try resitting it.
In the exact same position, I don't know whether to resit or if a level results can compensate for the C

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending