The Student Room Group

MPT ---> Graduate Entry Medicine

Hi,
I'm a Canadian MSc student and I would like to know if there's anyone who has (or is) studying Medical Physiology and Therapeutics (MPT) at NOTTINGHAM?
They say students in the MPT program is a "firm base" from where students can apply to the Graduate Entry (4 year) Medicine program - does anyone have information about this? I.e.: success rate, process, course feedback?

Any help would be much appreciated!
THANK YOU!
Original post by dmta22
Hi,
I'm a Canadian MSc student and I would like to know if there's anyone who has (or is) studying Medical Physiology and Therapeutics (MPT) at NOTTINGHAM?
They say students in the MPT program is a "firm base" from where students can apply to the Graduate Entry (4 year) Medicine program - does anyone have information about this? I.e.: success rate, process, course feedback?

Any help would be much appreciated!
THANK YOU!

To be honest, its no better for GEM than any other biomed/science degrees, in that it will be viewed the same when applying to GEM.

However, as you're Canadian I would check how many GEM courses you would actually qualify for. There isn't the same quota for international student for GEM courses and I think several don't take international students at all.

Rather than pay for a Masters, that won't always make that much of an improvement to your application when it comes to Medicine, have you thought about applying to 5 year courses? As an international student it would probably cost you the same. Is there a reason you're not applying in Canada?
If you're doing an MSc and so already have a bachelors degree, is there any reason you can't apply directly to a graduate entry med program? Doing MPT would be another 3 years to get another undergrad degree which you don't need if you already have one - the Nottingham grad entry accepts any subject as your first degree, and you would likely be eligible to apply for normal 5 year medicine courses as well which would still take less time than doing MPT then grad entry
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending