The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I have my as physics exams on friday 8th June ( wave properties and photons/electrons) Does anyone else? How are you revising for them? Any good sites with help on the net?
Reply 2
Yupp Ive got them.
Im going to do all the past papers and go over what i dont know, ocasionally i will test my self under exam conditions.

watch this video , for the 'wave properties' topic, its quite good, helpd me understand the double slits beter.
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-4237751840526284618
Reply 3
Im doing ocr B exam on the 8th jun, and looking at the past papers since 2003, i dont think theres really a pattern, looks more of a random thing. So i'd revise everything and do all the past papers jsut to be on the safe side.
Reply 4
MSNBOY
Yupp Ive got them.
Im going to do all the past papers and go over what i dont know, ocasionally i will test my self under exam conditions.

watch this video , for the 'wave properties' topic, its quite good, helpd me understand the double slits beter.

Most probably the best educational vid ive ever seen.

But the one im really stuck on is the electrons and photons module, I mean what the hell is EMF? i dont get it :frown:
Reply 5
What an odd video...

Anyway, i've just discovered that in my wad of physics B OCR past papers, i only have some of the marking schemes, meaning i'm not really learning too much from doing them.

I've googled but couldn't find anything.

Could anyone tell me where to get marking schemes, for 2002 to 2005 exams?

thanks
Reply 6
Would you be able to upload those mark schemes you have yourself?

My teachers wouldn't let us have them even :frown:
Reply 7
Sorry, but I don't have any means to upload them with... They're on paper and I have no scanner :s-smilie:
Reply 8

I found a realli gd website on another thread. most past papers n answers. Also look at the OCR websites. very helpful.
www.**************.com/content/view/14/43

fill stars with - past.paper.exams (without the dots)
they din let me post the words or link together

emf = electromotive force. the term is not very helpful, but its bascially the battery or whatever power supply that is providing the voltage of a circuit.

Sometimes, there is a internal resistance so with the equation
V = E - Ir

V is the voltage that is going out into the circuit
E - Ir means: emf - current of circuit x internal resistance (which lets u get the voltage of the internal resistor)

Hope that made it a bit more clear!?
The emf is the electromotive force or more commonly known as voltage
Reply 10
Thanks for your help guys, i did some extensive reading and found that emf is when the pd across something GAINS energy, pd is when it LOSES energy. So an emf generator would be something like a battery/cell while somehting measured with pd would be a light bulb etc.

And that site that was posted a few posts up was kind auseful, but you gave the link for chemistry papers so i just clicked on physics :P. But some of the questions are REALLY irrelevant i found, i doubt they are for our specification.:tsr2:
MSNBOY
Yupp Ive got them.

thanks for that it was realy helpfull if a little cheesy. (but who dosent like a bit of cheese?)
i am dreading this exam so much, :eek: ive done a few past papers at home i am fine with the physics in action but i do not apparantly understand any procceses at all!!!!!! anyone know where i can get some good revision notes from?? beccause the book is useless.
as for the predicted questions for section C PIA you need to know an examloe of-

an application of image formation

an aplication of signal transmision

choice and use of a sensor for an aplication

and the relationship between properties uses and structures of one material

and for UP you need

a superposition effect eg interferance or standing waves

quantum effect phenomenon eg spectra or photoelectric effect

a method of messuring a distant object eg a metior or baby in the womb

im back lol. i have all the papers and mark schemes from the specimin papers through to 2006 but i dont know how 2 get them from my scanner program to word or somthing so that i can load them up. copy paste dosent work nor does inporting it. anyone any ideas?? :confused:
Reply 13
Just load them as pictures after u have scanned them in. But wun that be a lot of scanning that u've done?

will be great if you can share them here!

Thanx
Reply 14
These links may be of help to you all:
Past Papers and mark schemes: http://mysite.wanadoo-members.co.uk/physics1/Online_physics_resources.htm (for January papers, scroll down and click the link at the bottom)
Section C notes: http://sam.davyson.com/as/physics/sectionc/
Reply 15
anyone sitting for phy 5054 paper o level?
Reply 16
How about any predictions for the OCR B Synoptic...We didnt really cover the pre release material apart from mc(delta)t bit..
Reply 17
Any ideas on the possible questions for the pre-release material, and section B synoptic part? (A2)
Reply 18
madtaz
Any ideas on the possible questions for the pre-release material, and section B synoptic part? (A2)

bump
Reply 19

Thanks so much. You are a lifesaver! I've been looking for section C help literally everywhere.

Latest

Trending

Trending