The Student Room Group

Any mature students on here who have gone back to study A-levels??

Just want to build a community of mature students who are studying A-levels. Anyone?

State your age, what you were doing previously, and what A-levels you are studying :smile:
(edited 7 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Yes. Taking them to apply for Medicine.
Original post by BristolFresher15
Yes. Taking them to apply for Medicine.

Nice one!! Anything is possible. How old are you? What were you doing before? What A-levels you studying (I'm assuming Maths, Chem, Bio, Physics)?
I will be starting this September and I am 18.
Original post by Blackstarr
I will be starting this September and I am 18.

Awesome! What subjects will you be studying? And what were you doing beforehand?
Original post by Philip-flop
Awesome! What subjects will you be studying? And what were you doing beforehand?

I will be studying sociology, religious studies and health and social care in the hope of becoming a nurse.:smile:

How about you?
Original post by Blackstarr
I will be studying sociology, religious studies and health and social care in the hope of becoming a nurse.:smile:

How about you?

Aw, good luck! I'm studying Maths and Biology (self-teaching). So will you be going back to college or are you going to teach yourself?
(edited 7 years ago)
Aw, good luck! I'm studying Maths and Biology (self-teaching). So will you be going back to college or are you going to teach yourself?

These are though subjects, I hope you do well and I will be going sixthfrom:smile:
Reply 8
Yes. I am wanting to study medicine too.

Currently studying: Human Biology, Psychology. Next year: Chemistry.

I am 29, atm.
Hey everyone, may I just ask did anyone do a levels prior to now or will this be your first time sitting A levels?
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Kefte
Yes. I am wanting to study medicine too.

Currently studying: Human Biology, Psychology. Next year: Chemistry.

I am 29, atm.

Nice one!! Anything is possible! Just keep working hard for it! Are you self-studying?

Original post by Cherry82
Hey everyone, may I just ask did anyone do a levels prior to now or will this be your first time sitting A levels?

I studied A-levels about 7 years ago but was too immature to study and definitely chose the wrong courses!
I'm in a similar position. I'm currently doing GCSE's from home and I plan on doing an access course after as I don't have any A levels. Are you doing your A levels through an online provider? Have you not thought about an access course?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Nice one!! Anything is possible! Just keep working hard for it! Are you self-studying?

I studied A-levels about 7 years ago but was too immature to study and definitely chose the wrong courses!

Oh I see. Mind me asking your results? I'm 18 doing A levels at the moment (1 year behind) but I've been super tempted to drop everything and just find a job if I'm completely honest.
Nice one!! Anything is possible. How old are you? What were you doing before? What A-levels you studying (I'm assuming Maths, Chem, Bio, Physics)?

22 in a couple weeks. I did two years of BSc Health Science in a Canadian university. And its just the 3 sciences, no Maths :smile:
Original post by Jamiefromipswich
I'm in a similar position. I'm currently doing GCSE's from home and I plan on doing an access course after as I don't have any A levels. Are you doing your A levels through an online provider? Have you not thought about an access course?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I opted away from doing an access course as you are limited to what uni/degree you can apply to. Also there is a 3/4 year expiry date on completion of your access course, meaning if you don't go to uni before this then it'll become invalid when applying.

Original post by Cherry82
Oh I see. Mind me asking your results? I'm 18 doing A levels at the moment (1 year behind) but I've been super tempted to drop everything and just find a job if I'm completely honest.

I achieved the grades C,C,D at college (but studied different subjects to now) as I was very lazy and had too many things happening in my life at the time. Why do you feel like dropping out? Just work as hard as you can now, then you won't feel like you could have done better later on in life (take it from me)!!

22 in a couple weeks. I did two years of BSc Health Science in a Canadian university. And its just the 3 sciences, no Maths :smile:

Age is just a number my friend! I'm currently 23!! Are you studying your A-levels at college then or are you self-teaching?
Age is just a number my friend! I'm currently 23!! Are you studying your A-levels at college then or are you self-teaching?

Self studying :smile:. Its not bad considering I've already done two years in uni.
Self studying :smile:. Its not bad considering I've already done two years in uni.

Yeah, I hear that there isn't much contact time at uni so a lot of the time you are self-studying!! You wouldn't happen to be doing Edexcel AS-level Biology would you? Also are you working whilst doing your A levels?
Yeah, I hear that there isn't much contact time at uni so a lot of the time you are self-studying!! You wouldn't happen to be doing Edexcel AS-level Biology would you? Also are you working whilst doing your A levels?

Not working.

And nope sorry! Taking AQA for everything.
Not working.

And nope sorry! Taking AQA for everything.

Ah no worries! Are you doing any of the core practicals for your sciences?
Ah no worries! Are you doing any of the core practicals for your sciences?

You mean practical exams? Yes, all units.

Quick Reply