The Student Room Group

uni at 21 mature student advice needed!

So at 18 i applyed and was accepted to study pharmacy at Brighton Uni, even though i only got BBC at A level (they asked for BBA) which was great. It was deferred entry and in the meantime i am travelling (where i am at the moment) however i now realise i want to travel and do casual jobs and see the world for longer (another 2years). So the question is do you think if i pull out now and reapplyed when i am 21 will i still get in? Will my A levels be worth anything when they are 3yrs old? Will i have to do an acess course? Should i just go to uni now (bear in mind its a 5yr course). would travelling, life experience and learning a new language give me any benefits? So any advice in regards to my situation would be helpful.
Original post by TheHungryWombat
So at 18 i applyed and was accepted to study pharmacy at Brighton Uni, even though i only got BBC at A level (they asked for BBA) which was great. It was deferred entry and in the meantime i am travelling (where i am at the moment) however i now realise i want to travel and do casual jobs and see the world for longer (another 2years). So the question is do you think if i pull out now and reapplyed when i am 21 will i still get in? Will my A levels be worth anything when they are 3yrs old? Will i have to do an acess course? Should i just go to uni now (bear in mind its a 5yr course). would travelling, life experience and learning a new language give me any benefits? So any advice in regards to my situation would be helpful.

Giving up your defered entry could be risky as having lower grades than the entry requirements would make it much harder to get a place.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending