The Student Room Group

Bristol vs Southampton for Comp. Science?

I know that the 2 universities are decently good for the course I have chosen but still I have no clue which one to firm. I am very interested in AI and new technologies, but I don't know which one has better AI courses. I would also like to choose the university whose courses are more practical, not based only on theory. Can you give me a clue about that ? I would also like to know which one is more math based, because I would like to avoid that.

Both of the courses are MEng, and I know that Southampton offers a year in industry with this course, but I have no idea about Bristol.

Thank you in advance
Reply 1
Up
Reply 2
I don't know about those courses in particular but you can't do AI and avoid maths. AI/ML is based heavily on statistics and maths so if you don't enjoy maths, you probably won't enjoy those. Bristol is generally more 'reputed' but both are strong unis.
Reply 3
Original post by TVIO
I don't know about those courses in particular but you can't do AI and avoid maths. AI/ML is based heavily on statistics and maths so if you don't enjoy maths, you probably won't enjoy those. Bristol is generally more 'reputed' but both are strong unis.

I understand that, and I enjoy math. I just don't want to study more math than it's required.

Thank you
Reply 4
Up

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending