The Student Room Group

Year 12 psychology work experience

Hey, I'm currently doing my AS levels which are geography, psychology, maths and biology. I find psychology really interesting and aim to become a clinical psychologist in the future. I wanted to have some work experience in the field in the Summer, but I'm not sure where I could go..I know I won't be able to have experience in hospitals because I'm only 17. Does anyone have any suggestions of what type of places I can gain experience in for this type of career??

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm stuck in the same situation too.
Im doing As Geography Maths Psychology and Product Design (which i plan to drop)

So far im planning to do st john ambulance cadets, as well as tutoring boys with disabilities in the lower school of my school.

But thats all i have, i dont know what else can be done. If you can, tutor a young person with a disability id say give it a go. Its like creating your own work experience.

Good luck! :smile:
You don't really need work experience for psychology degrees (as its not a vocational degree). I am looking for someone to help with a research project although the task isn't too exciting (see http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3960177 )
Reply 3
Original post by Esekanayo_
I'm stuck in the same situation too.
Im doing As Geography Maths Psychology and Product Design (which i plan to drop)

So far im planning to do st john ambulance cadets, as well as tutoring boys with disabilities in the lower school of my school.

But thats all i have, i dont know what else can be done. If you can, tutor a young person with a disability id say give it a go. Its like creating your own work experience.

Good luck! :smile:

Thank you, that seems like a good idea :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Original post by iammichealjackson
You don't really need work experience for psychology degrees (as its not a vocational degree). I am looking for someone to help with a research project although the task isn't too exciting (see http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3960177 )

Oh yeah but I just wanted some type of experience in the Summer for future benefit :smile: Oh okay I'll check it out!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending