The Student Room Group
Student Outside, University of Aberdeen
University of Aberdeen

Accepting and then declining an offer after the 14-day period

Hey everyone!

I applied for (albeit as a third choice) and got an unconditional offer as an EU student for Politics and International Relations from University of Aberdeen. The subject interests me, but I'm not sure if that's really what I want to study, as I've always pictured myself going into law. I'm applying for law school in Helsinki, Finland and my entrance exam books come out in two weeks. The exam itself is on the 25th of May, but the deadline for accepting or declining the offer from Aberdeen is on the 4th of May, and I only get to know in July if I've passed my exam. So I have a problem.

I was wondering if it was possible to accept the offer and then decline the offer in the beginning of July, if I've passed my exam and got into law in Helsinki. The 14-day period, in which I'm allowed to change my mind has obviously long since passed. Thanks in advance!
Original post by karudaniela
Hey everyone!

I applied for (albeit as a third choice) and got an unconditional offer as an EU student for Politics and International Relations from University of Aberdeen. The subject interests me, but I'm not sure if that's really what I want to study, as I've always pictured myself going into law. I'm applying for law school in Helsinki, Finland and my entrance exam books come out in two weeks. The exam itself is on the 25th of May, but the deadline for accepting or declining the offer from Aberdeen is on the 4th of May, and I only get to know in July if I've passed my exam. So I have a problem.

I was wondering if it was possible to accept the offer and then decline the offer in the beginning of July, if I've passed my exam and got into law in Helsinki. The 14-day period, in which I'm allowed to change my mind has obviously long since passed. Thanks in advance!

Yes withdrawing in july shouldnt be a problem :smile:
Student Outside, University of Aberdeen
University of Aberdeen
Reply 2
Alright, thanks!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending