The Student Room Group

Will they steal the election from Trump?

The majority of republican voters want him as President, but that isn't enough. There are forces at work who are doing everything to stop him being nominated. Why? Even if you detest Trump, this is wrong and shows Democracy is a farce in America. The same can be said with Sanders and the super delegates that benefited Hillary greatly. They are clearly rigging the system so that only people they want in power can be elected.

Scroll to see replies

The man has alienated the latinos, the blacks, the Mormons, the gays, the women, and the list goes on. He has stolen the election from himself, if anything. If the other Republicans don't want him nominated as Republican presidential candidate, I can completely understand that - they want a candidate that stands a chance of winning.
(edited 8 years ago)
I hope so.
hopefully no one I love trump
Very little about Trump's views are in-line with conservatism. A large base of his electorate is voting for him because they would rather be members of the Republican party than the Democrats but that does not mean they fully agree with the former's views.
'Steal'? He doesn't deserve it! He preaches hatred, and is only helping ISIS by turning everyone against Muslims
Reply 6
Original post by Multiculturalism
'Steal'? He doesn't deserve it! He preaches hatred, and is only helping ISIS by turning everyone against Muslims

The only hatred I see are from the morons protesting at his rallies. They clearly have no respect for the democratic system.
Original post by Jebedee
The only hatred I see are from the morons protesting at his rallies. They clearly have no respect for the democratic system.

Who are you to call them morons? They are clearly just upset at his evil, hateful rhetoric. What is moronic about that? About not wanting your country to be divided by a new Hitler?
Original post by Jebedee

Yeah I agree protesting has absolutely no place in a democracy :fuhrer:
Original post by PleaseListen

The majority of republican voters want him as President, but that isn't enough. There are forces at work who are doing everything to stop him being nominated. Why? Even if you detest Trump, this is wrong and shows Democracy is a farce in America. The same can be said with Sanders and the super delegates that benefited Hillary greatly. They are clearly rigging the system so that only people they want in power can be elected.

No it can't. Clinton has a fair few more regular delegates than Sanders as well.
Original post by anosmianAcrimony
The man has alienated the latinos, the blacks, the Mormons, the gays, the women, and the list goes on. He has stolen the election from himself, if anything. If the other Republicans don't want him nominated as Republican presidential candidate, I can completely understand that - they want a candidate that stands a chance of winning.

He hasn't though. He is vastly more popular than Cruz and he is popular with a lot of those groups.
Well, if that happens, would there be rioting from his base as he says?

And I have no doubt that the RNC will try something at the convention if its brokered, Paul Ryan basically admitted it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Trump ain't winning jack ****.
No, but he wont win.
Original post by Jebedee

The democratic system is clearly broken when Trump is winning. He's like a parody of himself, he's like ****ing satire, but he's brilliant at manipulating stupid people.
Original post by JordanL_
The democratic system is clearly broken when Trump is winning. He's like a parody of himself, he's like ****ing satire, but he's brilliant at manipulating stupid people.

"I love the poorly-educated!" Donald Trump

Tbf he also won the "highly education" vote too apparently

Posted from TSR Mobile
It would be a poor show for democracy if the election was 'stolen' from him - but in the end he's seeking the Republican nomination and if the support of 'ordinary' voters was sufficient then he could always stand as an independent. :/
If it's Trump vs Hillary, he wins easily. He is about the same as her regarding donestic policy. If Bernie wins the nomination, he'll walk it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 18
Original post by anosmianAcrimony

How can he win if these groups were against him?

Original post by JordanL_

How does he manipulate stupid people?
He has to be winning it to have it 'stolen' from him.

Quick Reply