The Student Room Group

AQA MS1B Wednesday 8th June 2016 Exam Discussion Thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
What did you guys get for the last part of the NHS patients question? The 4 patients one? I got 0.00513??
Original post by Pinocchiolewis
I got that too! It seemed like a really weird answer at the time though 🙄

I see, hahhaha I swear stats is gonna be my best paper this year, i messed up on both C1 and C2 but this is good news bc then i dont have to retake next year yayy!
How did you find the paper overall? I got very mixed opinions from my friends, I personally found it quite nice but one of my A* achieving friends found it horrid somehow
Anyone get a negative for the lower bound in the confidence interval?
1 (a) 0.959
1 (b) Very strong positive correlation between height and arm span length for males
Original post by Maths4ever!
1 (a) 0.959
1 (b) Very strong positive correlation between height and arm span length for males

(/3)
(/2)
Reply 65
Guys I was going to put together an unofficial mark scheme , should I make a thread?
Original post by xs4
Guys I was going to put together an unofficial mark scheme , should I make a thread?

yes pleaseeee
Original post by xs4

yes pls
For the last question, both the claims were incorrect, werent they?
I multiplied the 0.00531 for the medical bands last question, by four, probably wrong but I got that number too
(edited 7 years ago)
Anyone's answer for 3(b) the hard dentist one?? Marks out of 5
Reply 71
Original post by Pinocchiolewis
I got that too! It seemed like a really weird answer at the time though 🙄

omg I got that too! Was running out of time quite badly and I had no idea what to do so I just used the summation function on my calculator xD
Reply 72
Original post by tomdavis.

I seem to remember getting 0.24ish? 0.2 something, I'm pretty sure I got.
I was a bit suspicious thought because it had 3sf in bold whereas the previous part was '3dp' which suggests it should maybe have been 0.0 something? idk :L

edit: I've just massively facepalmed I timesed them by 2 instead of putting them to the power of two never miiind
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by I like cows
For the last question, both the claims were incorrect, werent they?

No, only the first one was as the means was 381 in euros and 381 does not equal 400

But the second said at most 25% were paying less than 200 euro which is 166.67 pounds, and 7/40 paid less than 166.67 pounds.... Which is 17.5% therefore the claim is valid as 17.5<25

The Probability one? I got like 0.031
I did like:
(148/500)^2 x (121/500)^2 x (6)
Original post by haeram
What did you guys get for the last part of the NHS patients question? The 4 patients one? I got 0.00513??

Original post by SaltandSugar
I multiplied the 0.00531 for the medical bands last question, by four, probably wrong but I got that number too

I got 0.123. I got the 0.00513 but then I multiplied it by 4 factorial as there were 4 patients, so 4! different combinations.
Reply 76
Reply 77
No, only the first one was as the means was 381 in euros and 381 does not equal 400

But the second said at most 25% were paying less than 200 euro which is 166.67 pounds, and 7/40 paid less than 166.67 pounds.... Which is 17.5% therefore the claim is valid as 17.5<25

One of them was exactly 166.67, so was it not 8/40 = 20%?
Original post by SaltandSugar

You were supposed to multiply by 6, as it was 4 ways of arranging 2 different events, so 4C2 = 6.
There weren't 4 different combinations as the denominator remained the same

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending