The Student Room Group

Student finance eligibility

Hi,

I was wanting to know whether or not I would be eligible for a Student Finance loan.

I was previously studying a BA, which I dropped out of after completing the first year. This degree was self funded, so I haven't had a Student Finance loan previously.

I've applied to do a B Eng starting in september. Can I get a Student loan for it?
Original post by Surubi
Hi,

I was wanting to know whether or not I would be eligible for a Student Finance loan.

I was previously studying a BA, which I dropped out of after completing the first year. This degree was self funded, so I haven't had a Student Finance loan previously.

I've applied to do a B Eng starting in september. Can I get a Student loan for it?

Even self funded SFE will count your previous study.

However you're allowed funding for the length of your course plus one gift year (or false start/repeat) - so you'll be fine.

Declare your previous study on your application but DO NOT state that you gained a qualification from your false start year (a lot of students get confused and put in that they got a BA when they only did the first year and that causes complications).

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending