Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Vomiting White Foam

Announcements Posted on
Applying to uni this year? Check out our new personal statement advice hub 28-11-2014
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Last night, I was staying at my mates along with my bf. We ended up staying up all night and I had 2 sips of alcohol the full time so was sober. But half way through the night I started feeling really ill and started being sick but all that came up was a white foam.

This morning I went back to my bf's with him and we went to sleep and when I woke up I felt like I had a hangover even though I was sober the night before

Is that weird or should I not think too much of it? And what was the white foam about? :confused:
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    If it happens again I'd see a doctor. If you feel fine in in a day or so, I'd leave it.
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    dont drink shots of fairy liquid.
    • 2 followers

i would see a gp. could be a range of things, probably an infection or allergic reaction of some description. but i wouldnt worry too much if symptoms dont persist
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Speaking as someone who's been sick more times than not, white foam is normal and not dangerous. Kinda gross, but nothing to worry about.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Rabies?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    If you were vommitting white foam I would assume you had not eaten for a while? Generally people vomit white foam when they have an empty stomach so only water/gastric juices/stomach acid comes up which forms a kind of white foam.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by matthew.swallow)
    If you were vommitting white foam I would assume you had not eaten for a while? Generally people vomit white foam when they have an empty stomach so only water/gastric juices/stomach acid comes up which forms a kind of white foam.
    Agreed- thats exactly what I though.

Odd comparrisson, but when My dogs not well (and hasnt been eating)
    his sick is a combination of yellow stomach bile and white foam
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    few years ago i had a problem for about 6 weeks vomitting stomach acid which was white foam. stopped and never had it since, wierd.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by matthew.swallow)
    I actually hadn't eaten since about 3pm (This was about 4am) so that's probably a good explanation
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    This actually happened to me this evening. I was throwing up all day so evidently my stomach was empty. At first I was concerned but then I realized that it was solely because I had absolutely nothing in my stomach. Don't worry. You'll be fine
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I'm glad I found this. I've been sick for a good week and was scared to death.
    Even though I don't have health insurance, I think I'm going to the doctor anyway.
Updated: April 22, 2011
New on TSR

Vote for your favourite Christmas film

Win a bundle of Xmas DVDs

Article updates
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.