The Student Room Group

German railway introduces gender segregation

(edited 6 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Female privilege strikes again
Probably was cheaper than just to increase the security on every compartment of every train, right? Says something about the society, though. I mean, it's not like they separated women from all bandits. (Were I a female bandit I think I'd take advantage of those carriages, if their passengers are to act even more thoughtlessly for their feeling of safery...) They separated women from men and that's what makes women feel safe, and is regarded as a safety win. I think we seriously need to think through how we're going to raise the next generation, because it's not exactly a society that I want to live in...?
this would come under the heading of

Eisenbahnwagengeschlechtertrennungführungsbestimmungen

:holmes:
Original post by Mathemagicien
In a surprise move, the regional German rail service is to introduce women-only compartments on its services between the cities of Leipzig and Chemnitz, the operating company announced on Thursday.

The Mitteldeutsche Regiobahn (MRB) said the aim was to cater to women travelling on their own or with small children and to increase their sense of security. Boys up to the age of 10 will be allowed in the special compartments.

http://en.europeonline-magazine.eu/german-regional-rail-service-introduces-women-only-compartments_446290.html

This comes amid a perplexing rise in assaults and harassment, especially against women and children, which has forced many swimming pools in Germany and Sweden to enforce gender segregation. This latest move puts Germany in a club with India, Mexico, Brazil, Egypt and Indonesia, who also have to have gender segregated carriages. Campaigners say that this shows the how prevalent rape culture is in Western countries.

The racist, sexist, fascist, evil, hateful, neo-Nazi, radical, extremist, bigoted, xenophobic, intolerant, extreme-far-right anti-refugee party the Alternativ fur Deutschland has, in a sign of their growing xenophobia, inexplicably linked this to the ongoing resettlement of refugees fleeing war and terror, and their comments are expected to be condemned by all reasonable political parties.

Nice to see you aren't biased then....

I'm very much on the fence when it comes to migration and refugees coming into Europe. I think it's been handled poorly, and as a result a large number aren't refugees.
But, if there has been a rise in sexual assaults in the last year, and the only obvious change has been an increase in migration, there's it's likely it is due to increased migration. To brand people who say so xenophobic and racist, shows that you probably don't have a great argument.
In a surprise move, the regional German rail service is to introduce women-only compartments on its services between the cities of Leipzig and Chemnitz, the operating company announced on Thursday.

The Mitteldeutsche Regiobahn (MRB) said the aim was to cater to women travelling on their own or with small children and to increase their sense of security. Boys up to the age of 10 will be allowed in the special compartments.

http://en.europeonline-magazine.eu/german-regional-rail-service-introduces-women-only-compartments_446290.html

This comes amid a perplexing rise in assaults and harassment, especially against women and children, which has forced many swimming pools in Germany and Sweden to enforce gender segregation. This latest move puts Germany in a club with India, Mexico, Brazil, Egypt and Indonesia, who also have to have gender segregated carriages. Campaigners say that this shows the how prevalent rape culture is in Western countries.

The racist, sexist, fascist, evil, hateful, neo-Nazi, radical, extremist, bigoted, xenophobic, intolerant, extreme-far-right anti-refugee party the Alternativ fur Deutschland has, in a sign of their growing xenophobia, inexplicably linked this to the ongoing resettlement of refugees fleeing war and terror, and their comments are expected to be condemned by all reasonable political parties.

If rape culture is so prevalent in Western society, then it's interesting that this measure:
a) Hasn't been taken sooner
b) Hasn't been taken across Europe
Of course, I presume you think it's a massive coincidence that this has come within a couple years of the open-door immigration policy, in the country that welcomed as many immigrants as desired to make the journey.

I find it rather more inexplicable that you think there is no possible link between increased immigration from backwards - especially so on women's rights - middle eastern/north african countries and an increase in the instances of sexual assaults on women in the countries that welcomed said immigrants. Of course, correlation does not necessarily imply causation but given earlier well-publicised instances of coordinated sexual assaults in Germany by aforementioned immigrants, it would seem bizarre to assert beyond doubt that immigration had no role in this.

As an aside, I find this weird juxtaposition of views held by these lefty feminists utterly hilarious. On the one hand, we should welcome in anyone who wants to live here, and anyone who has any reservations about immigration is branded a racist. They'll happily usher in people with utterly backwards views on women, and yet spend all their time telling us how abhorrent the Western world treats women! And to cap it off, any changes we make to protect women post-immigration are then labelled as proof of how badly we treat women in the West! The mind boggles, it really does.
If it were to do with the migrant crisis, surely women could just keep men at arms length to protect themselves, hmm?

Spoiler

Ah, dammit. Poe's law claims yet more victims :tongue:
Yeah, I guess I can't blame you, seeing the posts that genuine left wing nutters post on this site

I had someone genuinely arguing the idea that Trump is a fascist earlier today. I mean, it's getting hard to know what's satire and what's just people with ludicrous views.
Original post by KingFahad

I dont think its a privilege. Women shouldn't have to fear sexual harassment. If that didn't occur in the first place, this wouldn't be necessary.
Me love some good sarcasm.
So males over 10 don't have to worry about sexual harassment? And all sexual predators are male to female, not female to female, or male to male?

There are much better ways to reduce rape and sexual harassment. This measure is taken because of the male migrants; segregating genders in general is more Politically Correct than segregating recent migrants and integrated populations (largely those who speak German fluently)

But men on average are stronger? So the women need extra protection.
Original post by KingFahad

There is no such thing as rape culture. However, there are real problems when you start allowing many millions of men into Europe, from countries that are so culturally unlike our own. We need a complete shutdown of the borders.
Rapists arent real men, rapism has no gender.

In all seriousness, this is no different than saying that people are afraid of muslims, so they should ride in another carriage in case they cant control themselves and commit an act of terrorism.
Original post by Phoebe Buffay
There is no such thing as rape culture. However, there are real problems when you start allowing many millions of men into Europe, from countries that are so culturally unlike our own. We need a complete shutdown of the borders.

The problem is already here. Yes we need to shut down the borders and also purge the continent of parasites. Both will never happen.
Original post by SirMilkSheikh
The problem is already here. Yes we need to shut down the borders and also purge the continent of parasites. Both will never happen.

I don't know, I feel the tide turning. If Trump becomes president I think Europe will follow, this is what I hope
Reply 16

The swine!
Reply 17

And Islamophobic!

:mob:
Wow, such progress.
Original post by ||TheUnknown||
I dont think its a privilege. Women shouldn't have to fear sexual harassment. If that didn't occur in the first place, this wouldn't be necessary.

So why didn't they do it before the immigrant crisis.... oh, wait, that's the rape culture... that's what caused them to seperate genders in trains... aha!

So if the immigrants never showed up in Germany, this wouldn't be necessary.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending