The Student Room Group

Human geography and environment at university of york

Anyone applied for this for 2016 entry x
It's been a while since you posted and nobody has replied, so you should consider using the search function to find the answers you're looking for instead. Also look in the University of York forum and look in the big applicants thread.
I have however I'm torn between Sheffield, York and Hull. Not sure where to pick...
Reply 3
Based on my knowledge of the universitys, York is number 17 in the university rankings, compared to sheffield which is 27, and Hull - 63. Sheffield the biggeset university with 26,000 students while York15,000 students, and hull has 15,000. York and Sheffield are both russel groups and Hull is not. I would personally choose york, I have been to sheffield a number of times and visted the city and uni of york and i personally thought york was much nicer. Hope this helps a bit xx
I was thinking of putting York down as my firm choice as it is a nice campus and the geography course looks really good! Then putting Hull as my insurance. Thank you, that did help:smile:. I didn't realise Sheffield had so many students!xx
Reply 5
Original post by Lauraaa898
I was thinking of putting York down as my firm choice as it is a nice campus and the geography course looks really good! Then putting Hull as my insurance. Thank you, that did help:smile:. I didn't realise Sheffield had so many students!xx

Im doing geography too (human geography and environment)!
I love york but getting AAB could be difficult.. haha xx
Original post by LucyH123
Im doing geography too (human geography and environment)!
I love york but getting AAB could be difficult.. haha xx

I've applied to do environmental geography but I need to get ABB! And I'm sure you'll do it! What A levels are you doing now? (If you don't mind me asking haha) but York is such a nice city xx
Reply 7
I've applied to do environmental geography but I need to get ABB! And I'm sure you'll do it! What A levels are you doing now? (If you don't mind me asking haha) but York is such a nice city xx

Would it be okay to talk on facebook as my studentroom isnt working very well? xx

dont worry if not x
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by LucyH123
Would it be okay to talk on facebook as my studentroom isnt working very well? xx

Yeah sure! shall I PM you on here about it?xx
Reply 9
Yeah sure! shall I PM you on here about it?xx

yes course :smile: xx

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending