The Student Room Group

Need help with planning a summer trip that will be worth the money spent

Hey guys,

Im looking for any advice or ideas as to where to go this summer on a holiday. I'm a student in first year and I only have 3 weeks in June to travel. I want to travel somewhere that will be worth the money, or just at least a good time.
I'm generally up for the standard party holidays but I would like to travel somewhere else where I can experience the culture a little more!

Im looking for somewhere warm, beaches - and enough about the place to keep me busy during the day. I might be travelling alone or with a couple of friends.
All in all, I dont want to spend much beyond £500/600.

Any advice will be greatly appreciated, Cheers (tell me straight up if im just going to have to settle for magaluf xD).
Are there any places in particular you were thinking of?
Reply 2
Original post by Tiger Rag
Are there any places in particular you were thinking of?

I was thinking anywhere in Europe due to the budget, however, anywhere further a field Im very willing to look at. Possibly West Asia? I'd like N. America or Asia but I know my budget wont stretch that far...
Reply 3
Original post by gghjk
Hey guys,

Im looking for any advice or ideas as to where to go this summer on a holiday. I'm a student in first year and I only have 3 weeks in June to travel. I want to travel somewhere that will be worth the money, or just at least a good time.
I'm generally up for the standard party holidays but I would like to travel somewhere else where I can experience the culture a little more!

Im looking for somewhere warm, beaches - and enough about the place to keep me busy during the day. I might be travelling alone or with a couple of friends.

Any advice will be greatly appreciated, Cheers (tell me straight up if im just going to have to settle for magaluf xD).

I'd recommend Lisbon, Barcelona or Cyprus

Are you travelling for the 3 weeks?
(edited 8 years ago)
Hi,
3 weeks, you can travel around Southeast Asia which is saving travel. You can start Thailand and Cambodia and then catch bus to Vietnam. Bus from Vietnam to Cambodia will take US$8-12/way very cheap. Further services and foods in SEA are cheaper than other countries. If you concern about itinerary, you can refer at Travefish and Vietnam Tour Booking.
Happy travels!
Reply 5
Original post by dmz
I'd recommend Lisbon, Barcelona or Cyprus

Are you travelling for the 3 weeks?

Original post by adrianlopez
Hi,
3 weeks, you can travel around Southeast Asia which is saving travel. You can start Thailand and Cambodia and then catch bus to Vietnam. Bus from Vietnam to Cambodia will take US$8-12/way very cheap. Further services and foods in SEA are cheaper than other countries. If you concern about itinerary, you can refer at Travefish and Vietnam Tour Booking.
Happy travels!

Cheers guys - probably not looking to travel for the 3 weeks though!
Original post by gghjk
Hey guys,

If it's not about anything other than location id choose Valencia as its an amazing city with a gorgeous beach.

Last minute deals via a tour operator like Thomson, first choice or Thomas cook is probably your best bet; go all inclusive so you don't need another £500 for food and drink. Direct holidays is like an off shoot of Thomas Cook and can sometimes have better deals but exact same holiday - we did a family wedding abroad and we were all a mix of the two but exact same plane, transfer bus etc.
Cheapest now are places I wouldn't really advise you go due to recent troubles but a lot of people still would eg Egypt, Turkey, Tunisia, and the close islands like Rhodes / Kos / Lesbos.

If you see anything you like google the hotel and see if other websites offer it cheaply; legit sites obviously.

Quick Reply

Latest