The Student Room Group

Mum of Eight Facing Eviction

Scroll to see replies

You have failed to answer my question, do you think 20k a year is sustainable? I grew up in a working class family when we added our tax credits to the NMW which my dad earned we had a take home of about 15k for a family of 5. That was 3k per family member. She used to recieve 26k for her family which os over 3 k per child. The dad needs to be accountantable hes probably a drug dealer and seperated from the woman so he paid jack. Furthermore she sets the example to her kids to have a massive family and get 20k plus in benefits. She is no class she has zero income which doesn't come from the state. I would pull the plug on her funding and force the kids into care. Evict ASAP
Original post by Katty3
The working class keeps less of the money that they bring in than they did in 1926.

Living conditions for the working class remain abhorrent in some quarters.

It is the wealthy that have a call to answer to, not large, poor families that are just getting poorer.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Katty3
The working class keeps less of the money that they bring in than they did in 1926.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Link?
Original post by Katty3

Living conditions for the working class remain abhorrent in some quarters.

It is the wealthy that have a call to answer to, not large, poor families that are just getting poorer.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I highly doubt the British working class were better off 100 years ago :rofl:

Leftists really do need to grow up, get a reality check and hopefully they will then learn to shut up.
Original post by mojojojo101
Got any proof that would be the case?

When it comes down to it, this is about a person who.desperately needs the money being denied it so those that don't can feel better about themselves.

If a woman has 20 kids she can't afford, should we just keep throwing money at her?
Reply 44
Original post by Donald J Trump
You have failed to answer my question, do you think 20k a year is sustainable? I grew up in a working class family when we added our tax credits to the NMW which my dad earned we had a take home of about 15k for a family of 5. That was 3k per family member. She used to recieve 26k for her family which os over 3 k per child. The dad needs to be accountantable hes probably a drug dealer and seperated from the woman so he paid jack. Furthermore she sets the example to her kids to have a massive family and get 20k plus in benefits. She is no class she has zero income which doesn't come from the state. I would pull the plug on her funding and force the kids into care. Evict ASAP

You don't seem to understand the shortage we have of care placements, or the fact that taking kids into care for being poor is illegal and immoral and much more expensive than simply giving their parents enough money to care for them properly. Do you know the weekly cost of keeping a child in a children's home? £2000 at least. Foster parents also cost money. £200 a week per child. So that's £1600 a week at least to take those 8 children into care.

£83200 when £30000 would do. Great economics there.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Slutty Salafi
I highly doubt the British working class were better off 100 years ago :rofl:

Leftists really do need to grow up, get a reality check and hopefully they will then learn to shut up.

It really depends pre decimilisation there was 240 pence in the pound therefore things was cheaper to buy. It may be a different decade but in the late 1970s my dad earned 140 quid a week when I calculated the inflation it is equivalent to about 400 quid a week
Let them die. I dont care why should people like me pay fo her kids. They should be stripped of their home and be given the same as a normal working class family. Why should she be an exception. Make her do 40 hrs a week for the mobey she doesn't earn.
Original post by Katty3
You don't seem to understand the shortage we have of care placements, or the fact that taking kids into care for being poor is illegal and immoral and much more expensive than simply giving their parents enough money to care for them properly. Do you know the weekly cost of keeping a child in a children's home? £2000 at least. Foster parents also cost money. £200 a week per child. So that's £1600 a week at least to take those 8 children into care.

£83200 when £30000 would do. Great economics there.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 47
Let them die. I dont care why should people like me pay fo her kids. They should be stripped of their home and be given the same as a normal working class family. Why should she be an exception. Make her do 40 hrs a week for the mobey she doesn't earn.

Again, very illegal. They are a normal working class family. Just a very large one.

The law states that all children must be properly cared for. Why should the children be punished for not being born to wealthy parents?

You seem to be unable to accept the two solutions. Either the children are taken into care at a cost of £1600 a week at least or their mother is given enough money to care for her children.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Normal working class? Who works? The law needs modernising to ensure she can't do this. Force the kids to be shared between the mum and dad, if the dad works would cut the welfare bill.
Original post by Katty3
Again, very illegal. They are a normal working class family. Just a very large one.

The law states that all children must be properly cared for. Why should the children be punished for not being born to wealthy parents?

You seem to be unable to accept the two solutions. Either the children are taken into care at a cost of £1600 a week at least or their mother is given enough money to care for her children.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by TSRFT8
Well like i said, the mother has ruined the lives of 8 kids. However i could see them being taken into state custody (social services) and being separated. Very unfortunate and selfish to bring kids into the world when you cannot financially support them. Personally i think she has had them just to get the benefits i see no other logical explanation as why you would have 8 kids when you have no financial stability.

Whilst I think she is irresponsible and agree on her point about entitlement the priority should be the children. Unfortunately state care is very poor and theres a good chance children end up being in trouble with the police, convictions, suide, mental health problems, prostitution, dropping out of school. Messed up they are no good to the state.
Original post by TSRFT8
Single mum-of-eight Marie Buchan is facing eviction from her new home after being taken to court over £4,000 in unpaid rentBut the 33-year-old has blamed the government’s benefits cap for her situation, saying she cannot cope on the maximum annual £20,000 hand-outs.

Thoughts?

Personally i dont understand why she is complaining about benefit cuts, she has 8 children and has basically ruined the lives of 8 kids. In addition i hate people who think they have a ENTITLEMENT to tax payers money. The tax payer did not ask you too have 8 kids and why exactly do you have 8 kids when you cant even get a job.Also she claims she works 21 hour days looking after the kids, so cant work. Another excuse to add to her pathetic trail.

I feel no sympathy for her, it was her choice to have kids, 1 is understandable as circumstances change 2 is also fine. But having EIGHT when you never had a job is the kind of scum which needs to be punished. Her eviction should teach her a lesson, otherwise number 9 will also be on the tax payer.

But then I expect you will whinge when we have to bring in immigrants to plug the demographic gap. Because of income insecurity, social isolation, rampant careerism and inflated house prices, middle-class people only have 1 kid in their late 30s. This woman is doing brave, sterling work, ****ing for Britain's future and making up for 8 of these put-upon middle-class couples.

She does have an entitlement to taxpayers' money by the way. The law, admittedly including the benefit cap, literally entitles her to it.

I'll ask you the same question I always ask people who moan about benefits, and to which I have unsurprisingly never had an answer: if it's all so great, why don't you give up your job and have 8 kids?
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by TSRFT8
No she isnt but she is destroying kids lives for the sake of the free money. You are probably again one of those people who pay no tax or on the lower tax bands and therefore it makes no difference to you. Dont be so stupid i dont think she was raped 8 different times, neither is she raising 8 disabled kids and if she was its all the more the reason to NOT have anymore than you can afford, and it says in the article they have different fathers. It does make a difference as you are implying people should be allowed to scrounge benefits whilst others work for them. Communism <

Even the Commies didn't tolerate this kind of scrounging. For all its faults people in the Soviet Union who were able to work but refused to were charged with the offence of "Social Parasitism".
Do any of you know or appreciate what the costs of putting a child into care are? Perhaps find out before advocating it.
Reply 53
Original post by 999tigger
Do any of you know or appreciate what the costs of putting a child into care are? Perhaps find out before advocating it.

I've told them the cost of putting children in care. They won't listen.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 54
Normal working class? Who works? The law needs modernising to ensure she can't do this. Force the kids to be shared between the mum and dad, if the dad works would cut the welfare bill.

Maybe the father is abusive and therefore not suitable to be a guardian. Maybe he's utterly incompetent and unable to take care of the children.

Do you have any idea about the cost of childcare for eight children? It's a fortune.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Katty3
Maybe the father is abusive and therefore not suitable to be a guardian. Maybe he's utterly incompetent and unable to take care of the children.

Do you have any idea about the cost of childcare for eight children? It's a fortune.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Then don't have 8 children.
Reply 56
Original post by donutellme
Then don't have 8 children.

You can't unhave children. Once they're born, that's it.

The kids have been born. They need caring for. The most cost effective option is for the birth parents to care for their children.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Why do you people always want to take money off everyone else rather than increase your own? If your wages are low that is your class's fault for voting to smash the unions for what was probably then sold as short-term individual financial gain. You would tear kids away from their mother and put them in an institution to satisfy your petty jealousy.

Plus if it's all that great being her your family could always give up and have 8 kids yourselves. Nothing's stopping you: put up or shut up.
Original post by JamesN88
Even the Commies didn't tolerate this kind of scrounging. For all its faults people in the Soviet Union who were able to work but refused to were charged with the offence of "Social Parasitism".

We pretend to work, they pretend to pay us. It was ever thus. From jobseekers allowance to cosy office jobs this adage in my experience applies.
Evict her and put her kids in care. Maybe then she will close her legs.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending