The Student Room Group

Starting a TSR mental health blog (multiple contributors) - anyone interested?!?!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
There is a stickied thread already in the Mental Health forum that does something similar, I believe, come to think of it. We could always add to that though, if bullettheory (who I think did that thread) is happy to have more contributions :yes:

Beat me to it :tongue: but yeah I would be more than happy to open up a discussion for any possible changes and I'd be happy to make the changes on the thread.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Queen Cersei
Heya!

I think this is a wonderful thing and I'm keen to encourage more blogging on mental health as it is a wonderful way to support each other :smile:

We're just chatting in house about the guidelines for the thread, I expect it will be the same as the current MH forum guidelines but I will get back to you when I hear back from the PSV team on what they think :h:

:wavey:

Just wondering if there is any more news about what the CT thing about doing a multi-contributor mental health blog, and what the best way of doing it would be? :colondollar:
:wavey:

Just wondering if there is any more news about what the CT thing about doing a multi-contributor mental health blog, and what the best way of doing it would be? :colondollar:

Morning!

Oh, I thought I replied saying crack on? My post must have gotten lost in the crowd! A multi-contributor blog sounds like a wonderful idea, I reckon just start a thread and quote in the people who have said they are interested and encourage people to write about their mental health day-to-day, the ups as well as the downs and I was also thinking it would be good to share stuff you are grateful for each day? I've been doing some research and I think gratitude journals are really helpful for perspective and retraining the brain to focus on positive aspects of your life. What do you think?
Morning!

Oh, I thought I replied saying crack on? My post must have gotten lost in the crowd! A multi-contributor blog sounds like a wonderful idea, I reckon just start a thread and quote in the people who have said they are interested and encourage people to write about their mental health day-to-day, the ups as well as the downs and I was also thinking it would be good to share stuff you are grateful for each day? I've been doing some research and I think gratitude journals are really helpful for perspective and retraining the brain to focus on positive aspects of your life. What do you think?

Ah perhaps you did - my bad :facepalm: Glad to hear CT is supporting this. I'm a bit ill atm but once I'm well enough, I will start a thread with suggestions for posting ideas and ground rules for the thread, etc :yes:

Sharing stuff we are grateful for each day sounds good! Always important to try and focus on positives as well as negatives :yep:
Ah perhaps you did - my bad :facepalm: Glad to hear CT is supporting this. I'm a bit ill atm but once I'm well enough, I will start a thread with suggestions for posting ideas and ground rules for the thread, etc :yes:

Sharing stuff we are grateful for each day sounds good! Always important to try and focus on positives as well as negatives :yep:

Oh yeah, I am massively in support of this- a huge part of my work this year is going to be dedicated to promoting student welfare and mental health and making sure the community has all the support we can provide and to try to raise awareness of it outside of TSR, it's a passion of mine so I love the idea of this blog :smile:
Oh yeah, I am massively in support of this- a huge part of my work this year is going to be dedicated to promoting student welfare and mental health and making sure the community has all the support we can provide and to try to raise awareness of it outside of TSR, it's a passion of mine so I love the idea of this blog :smile:

You are too awesome for words, QC! :lovehug:

:h:
You are too awesome for words, QC! :lovehug:

Awwww that has really made my morning! I feel the same way about you :grouphugs:
Awwww that has really made my morning! I feel the same way about you :grouphugs:

Glad to have made your morning :hat2:

And thank you :redface: :fan: :lovehug:
I think it would be really helpful to hear different views, will definitely read once its up and running.
Would also be happy to contribute :smile:
Original post by clockworkbella
Would also be happy to contribute :smile:

Thanks! :h:

Haven't forgotten about this btw, just very busy with uni stuff and just trying to take care of my own mental health :redface:

Haven't forgotten about this btw, just very busy with uni stuff and just trying to take care of my own mental health :redface:

furry friend checking in :h:

:hugs:

Totally understand! But I don't think you should put too much pressure on yourself to do it right this instant. :smile:
Original post by clockworkbella
Totally understand! But I don't think you should put too much pressure on yourself to do it right this instant. :smile:

Original post by the bear

:hi:

:lovehug:

Original post by the bear

:grumble:
:redface:

But :hugs: TLG! Will be good whenever it's done but other stuff is definitely priority

Edit: happy to help too! Can't remember if I ever said that before but meant to
Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 95

:hi:

:lovehug:

If you need getting it up in a week or so's time just let me know :h: I have a 4 month summer coming up :tongue: Hope you're well :smile:
Original post by Deyesy
If you need getting it up in a week or so's time just let me know :h: I have a 4 month summer coming up :tongue: Hope you're well :smile:

Thanks :smile: Got a uni review thing on Weds but hopefully after that, I will PM you and we can get it going together :smile:

Original post by furryface12
:grumble:
:redface:

But :hugs: TLG! Will be good whenever it's done but other stuff is definitely priority

Edit: happy to help too! Can't remember if I ever said that before but meant to
Posted from TSR Mobile

Can't rep you :no: :cry: :grumble: PRSOM! :sigh:

Thanks lovely :kissing2:
Reply 97
Thanks :smile: Got a uni review thing on Weds but hopefully after that, I will PM you and we can get it going together :smile:

I'll have you in my thoughts. Really hope it goes well :smile:
Reply 98
So what exactly is going on with this mental health blog type thing then? :biggrin:
Original post by Thomb
So what exactly is going on with this mental health blog type thing then? :biggrin:

Nothing at present but hopefully we'll be able to set up a thread and lay out ground rules/posting guidelines, and get it going soon :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest