The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Do think this through properly, if you must insist at least try to make sure you have enough finances, references and friends to keep you on your feet, but I doubt you will given the decison. A good idea for temporary accomodation could be couchsurfing depending on how far you intend to go, in exchange for telling people about yourself they give you a place to stay sometimes only for a night but i've heard of it being used for months. If you can't afford food you won't be able to claim welfare immediately I don't think, so you could try dumpster diving or live of free scraps around wherever you go.

Food and housing are the key things you need to think of, followed by a stable income (employment) and healthcare.
Reply 2
Since you're Muslim you might also consider mosques and the hospitality of the Muslim community but if you're leaving for religious reasons it might not be a good idea. Do be very careful some of these people might prey on your vulnerability and try to radicalise you.
How do I find out about the couch surfing ? Thanks for your advice!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Original post by new2homeschool
How do I find out about the couch surfing ? Thanks for your advice!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'd seriously advise waiting a week or so unless it is urgent so you can gather thoughts and ideas from this thread, it's quite early at the moment and no doubt there will be a lot of good advice to come.

It's more a travel site but I don't see why anyone would have any serious objections if you moved to a new area, especially under such desperate circumstances:
https://www.couchsurfing.com/

As I said it's really important to think this through and consider housing, food, healthcare and employment, a lot of people end up on the streets due to poor choices and I wouldn't want to see you there or be responsible for it.
Reply 5
You're going to really regret this. Don't move out until you can support yourself financially.
I can support myself financially. I have a job which I've spoken to and they will transfer me to the nearest place I go. They're very understanding. The problem is I don't know where to go

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
Original post by new2homeschool
I can support myself financially. I have a job which I've spoken to and they will transfer me to the nearest place I go. They're very understanding. The problem is I don't know where to go

Posted from TSR Mobile

You could do with moving to an area with cheap rent to get you on your feet really, where do you currently live in and what would your monthly budget be (how much would you get per month)?
To spend on accommodation my budget would be £400 p/m

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
Try to move somewhere up north, where accommodation/living costs tend to be cheaper. I'm sorry I can't give you any specific advice. Best of luck with everything.

Latest

Trending

Trending