The Student Room Group
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter

Exeter Accommodation

Hi
Im looking to study history i was wondering where is best accommodation (Self-catered) in relation to the location of lectures, nightlife etc?
Original post by llanber
Hi
Im looking to study history i was wondering where is best accommodation (Self-catered) in relation to the location of lectures, nightlife etc?

This kind of question has been asked dozens upon dozens of times before. Please go and look for one of the existing threads about it so we don't have to type out the exact same information that has been given countless times already.
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter
Reply 2
Ignore the previous threads, I read them last year before coming to university and they're not necessarily true. I guess it varies from year to year. In my experience, there isn't necessarily a 'more sociable' or 'less sociable' accommodation. I applied to both lafrowdas and birks last year but due to high demand, I didn't get any of my choices.
I have friends at rowe house and mardon who seem to have met really good friendship groups. I'm down in private accommodation this year, as a result of the high demand for lafrowda and birks. Honestly, it was the best thing that could have happened. I have been placed with like-minded, out-going individuals. I have friends in lafrowda who don't have the same kind of bonds/environment that I do.
At the end of the day, it is luck of the draw who you are put with. Sometimes it works out and sometimes it doesn't.
I suggest applying to lafrowda, rowe house and mardon (birks has a giant hill to tackle everyday, not ideal for lectures)
If you want to be in an environment where people like going out those are great. However, bear in mind that this is a full year of having people playing loud music and stumbling in at early hours of the morning. It seemed great during my first term but the novelty somewhat wore off and then I was left in a flat with one messed up sleeping pattern and mess!
Good luck with your application anyway, I'm sure you'll have fun either wa

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending