The Student Room Group

iPhone 6 or iPhone SE?

I'm due an upgrade for my phone contract soon.
Love the design of the 6 but does the practicality of the SE outweigh that?
Opinions on which to get would be great.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by eviemason
I'm due an upgrade for my phone contract soon.
Love the design of the 6 but does the practicality of the SE outweigh that?
Opinions on which to get would be great.

I would go for the SE as it seems more practical.
Android.
Reply 3
Original post by claireestelle
I would go for the SE as it seems more practical.

I suppose it is, thanks.
Reply 4
Original post by Wilfred Little
Android.

Unfortunately, I have to disagree with you there.
The only reason I'd recommend the SE over the 6 is because the SE has the internals of a 6s and is priced the same as a 6. The SE is smaller, yes, but will be more useful to you in terms of hardware and compatibility :yep:
xxx

Oh, forgot to mention! :blushing:

I've moved your thread over to a more appropriate section in the hope you get some more replies. All the best!
Ethan :h:
going from a 6 to an SE because I hate how thin and wide phones are getting
Reply 8
Original post by iEthan
The only reason I'd recommend the SE over the 6 is because the SE has the internals of a 6s and is priced the same as a 6. The SE is smaller, yes, but will be more useful to you in terms of hardware and compatibility :yep:

I would love a 6s but I'm not willing to part with so much money on a monthly basis.
I just can't decide whether I want my phone based on practicality or materialism...
Reply 9
Original post by iEthan
Oh, forgot to mention! :blushing:

I've moved your thread over to a more appropriate section in the hope you get some more replies. All the best!
Ethan :h:

Thanks! I'm new to the student room so excuse my errors :wink:
Thanks! I'm new to the student room so excuse my errors :wink:

No need to thank me :h: all in a day's work! :biggrin:
Reply 11
Original post by Oilfreak1
going from a 6 to an SE because I hate how thin and wide phones are getting

I like that about them, it adds a sense of value.
Original post by iEthan

The difference in internals is almost negligible as they both perform exceptionally well and you cannot find the difference.

The choice between the two is really between design, size and the little things that might count to you. The smaller design of the iPhone SE can be seen as a downside when watching videos or surfing the web and just general use to be honest. The little additional things such as Live Photos and camera is really only significant for when you have had 6 and then upgrade to see the tiny differences; they aren't much.
So you would have to compromise between size and feel against being a newer phone with new little features.
The practical difference between iPhone 6 a iPhone SE is nothing and they're really as practical as each other.
I'd recommend iPhone 6 as the different features of iPhone 6 outweighs the different features of iPhone SE but then again that's subjective and will be determined by how you use it, but I'd recommend iPhone 6 for the average person.
Reply 13
Original post by Squishy•
The difference in internals is almost negligible as they both perform exceptionally well and you cannot find the difference.

The choice between the two is really between design, size and the little things that might count to you. The smaller design of the iPhone SE can be seen as a downside when watching videos or surfing the web and just general use to be honest. The little additional things such as Live Photos and camera is really only significant for when you have had 6 and then upgrade to see the tiny differences; they aren't much.
So you would have to compromise between size and feel against being a newer phone with new little features.
The practical difference between iPhone 6 a iPhone SE is nothing and they're really as practical as each other.
I'd recommend iPhone 6 as the different features of iPhone 6 outweighs the different features of iPhone SE but then again that's subjective and will be determined by how you use it, but I'd recommend iPhone 6 for the average person.

Well considering I am a 'average person' I am very tempted to go for the 6. At the moment I have a 5c so an upgrade in size would certainly be an asset. Thanks for your advice! :smile:
I like that about them, it adds a sense of value.

I guess its because im so careless with phones the super thin ip6 just slips out of my pocket all the time, i'd love for a 4s with 6s internals tbh lol
Original post by Oilfreak1
I guess its because im so careless with phones the super thin ip6 just slips out of my pocket all the time, i'd love for a 4s with 6s internals tbh lol

Its pretty pointless for such a small phone like the 4s (3.5inch screen is a joke) to have those internals. If you use your phone for more than basic features and a little social media then at least 4.7 inches is needed to enjoy it and also not to damage eyes. Also most apps and websites are optimised for larger displays. Smaller phones don't need the internals of larger ones as they are for people who don't really use their phones and therefore don't care for top specs.
Have you considered an android device? If you refuse to go android, it comes down to size imo. Get the SE if u prefer smaller phone, 6 if u want slightly larger.
Original post by sebby491
Its pretty pointless for such a small phone like the 4s (3.5inch screen is a joke) to have those internals. If you use your phone for more than basic features and a little social media then at least 4.7 inches is needed to enjoy it and also not to damage eyes. Also most apps and websites are optimised for larger displays. Smaller phones don't need the internals of larger ones as they are for people who don't really use their phones and therefore don't care for top specs.

I just care about battery life and physical feel. Only apps I use are watsapp,bodyspace, myfitness pal, linkedin and pulse I don't think those apps need a huge display.

I have an IP6 it's in my room i'm using my 4s in lieu of it, guess its just my own personal preference.
Original post by Wilfred Little
Android.

All about that Android life :smile:
Original post by Someboady
All about that Android life :smile:

IMO androids are probably better for things I want (battery life etc.) but Iphone 4 lyf :frown:.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending