The Student Room Group

Uni funding troubles!

So I'm from Birmingham, England but was told that in Scotland you can only get a bursary, no maintenance loans etc which is different to in England. Is this the case for me? If I go to a scottish university, will I only be able to get a bursary?
Reply 1
Original post by chelseazeus
So I'm from Birmingham, England but was told that in Scotland you can only get a bursary, no maintenance loans etc which is different to in England. Is this the case for me? If I go to a scottish university, will I only be able to get a bursary?

You were told wrong. As long as you're an English resident, have lived in England for three full years before your degree starts and haven't been to uni before, Student Finance England will give you a Tuition Fee Loan to cover all of your fees, and a Maintenance Loan - even if you go to a Scottish uni.

Bursaries are given by unis, so check your prospective uni's funding pages to see whether you could get one. They're usually given for things like being in a low income household, or for academic/sporting excellence.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending