The Student Room Group

AQA A2 MFP2 Further Pure 2 – 24th June [Exam Discussion Thread]

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by Adam_98
Wasn't looking forward to this anyway but with the way AQA have been with maths exams this year...

Posted from TSR Mobile

Maybe they will take pity on us
Reply 41
Guys is there M3 thread?
Reply 42
Original post by C0balt
Guys is there M3 thread?

I haven't set one up, probably because I'm shockingly bad at M3 and haven't even learned the whole thing, bring on tomorrow :smile: Good luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 43
Original post by jjsnyder
I haven't set one up, probably because I'm shockingly bad at M3 and haven't even learned the whole thing, bring on tomorrow :smile: Good luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile

You're sitting it as well? Thanks and Good luck to you too
Is there a FP1 thread somewhere as well ?
Reply 46
Would anyone be able to tell me their thinking behind June 15 Q5 part B please? Not sure how to go about it...
Original post by Jm098
Would anyone be able to tell me their thinking behind June 15 Q5 part B please? Not sure how to go about it...

Which part of part b?
Reply 48
Original post by IrrationalRoot
Which part of part b?

i) in particular... Is there a technique to changing numbers on a Argand diagram to cartesian form? Thanks
Original post by Jm098
i) in particular... Is there a technique to changing numbers on a Argand diagram to cartesian form? Thanks

Of course there is? It's simply taking the real part as the x coordinate and the imaginary part as the y coordinate, which we basically do anyway.
Then it's easy to find the midpoint.
Reply 50
Of course there is? It's simply taking the real part as the x coordinate and the imaginary part as the y coordinate, which we basically do anyway.
Then it's easy to find the midpoint.

Ok thanks.. I've taught myself this module and effectively get everything apart from slipping up on Argand diagrams and I feel like these are considered 'easy' marks?
Original post by Jm098
Ok thanks.. I've taught myself this module and effectively get everything apart from slipping up on Argand diagrams and I feel like these are considered 'easy' marks?

I've taught myself this one too; actually I find most of it very easy but I have to admit I find the Argand stuff the hardest, mainly because I'm terrible at interpreting loci etc. So I certainly have to think longer on some of those Qs. Would definitely not consider the trickier Argand ones the 'easy' marks myself (I'd consider everything else that XD) but maybe other people do.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 52
I've taught myself this one too; actually I find most of it very easy but I have to admit I find the Argand stuff the hardest, mainly because I'm terrible at interpreting loci etc. So I certainly have to think longer on some of those Qs. Would definitely not consider the trickier Argand ones the 'easy' marks myself (I'd consider everything else that XD) but maybe other people do.

Sounds like you're in the same boat as me haha!
Original post by Jm098
Sounds like you're in the same boat as me haha!

Yep haha, although I can't help but want a really challenging paper this year :colondollar:.
Reply 54
Yep haha, although I can't help but want a really challenging paper this year :colondollar:.

Judging by this year's papers I think we're getting one!
Reply 55
Could someone please explain how to do 8(b)? My answers not quite right and the mark scheme isn't much help. Ta

Posted from TSR Mobile
Gotta get 41% in this one and M2 on average or I'm not gonna meet my offer. That means if I get 0% in this one I'll need 82% in M2, too much pressure...
Original post by Adam_98
Could someone please explain how to do 8(b)? My answers not quite right and the mark scheme isn't much help. Ta

Posted from TSR Mobile

All you have to do is use the factorisation from (a). Notice how you can choose the value of θ\theta.

Then just solving two z^4 equations which is standard stuff.
Gotta get 41% in this one and M2 on average or I'm not gonna meet my offer. That means if I get 0% in this one I'll need 82% in M2, too much pressure...

Well it's not like you'll be getting 0% in this..
Original post by MahuduElec
Well it's not like you'll be getting 0% in this..

If I don't turn up it will be XD.

Spoiler

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending