The Student Room Group

Does anyone else think this is arrogant?

One of my acquaintances just posted on Twitter:

'Why won't this fly die? It's like deodorant wasn't made to kill it or something'.

I just felt that it was so arrogant, and I actually feel a bit sad for the fly.

Does anyone else think this is arrogant too?
Where is the arrogance meant to be in that?
Not sure it is arrogant. Just mean.
Reply 3
I hope the fly dies
Original post by Vikingninja
Where is the arrogance meant to be in that?

They could have opened a window and let it out? Spraying it with deodorant would cause it a lot of suffering and pain. The tweet just sounds arrogant too 'it's like deodorant wasn't made to kill it' sounds really mean.
Sorry I loled
at first I didn't get it
Original post by Phoebe Buffay
Not sure it is arrogant. Just mean.

It's definitely mean. I feel sad for the fly. You don't think it suffered too much? They should have just let it go.
Original post by DailyMailIsALiar
They could have opened a window and let it out? Spraying it with deodorant would cause it a lot of suffering and pain. The tweet just sounds arrogant too 'it's like deodorant wasn't made to kill it' sounds really mean.

Still don't see how it was arrogant at all.
I kinda see what you mean, OP, were they trying to be funny/ sarcastic?
Original post by Dmar167
I hope the fly dies

That is so cruel. Can you imagine the suffering being sprayed by deodorant would cause it?
I'm not sure did they mean to be. It does sound a bit sarcastic - I'm not sure if this made it sound arrogant?
Perhaps you should invest in a dictionary before you give yourself a heart attack.
Original post by Vikingninja
Still don't see how it was arrogant at all.

Spraying a fly with deodorant would cause it a lot of suffering. They then post about it, in a sarcastic way. It's like they cause the fly all the suffering, and don't even care about it.
I'm not sure did they mean to be. It does sound a bit sarcastic - I'm not sure if this made it sound arrogant?

Yeah, kinda like they're saying 'Damnit why isn't this deodorant doing what I want it to do at this moment in time?' Or maybe they expected deodorant to have fly killing properties? Don't they know we have fly spray for this sort of thing?
Reply 14
That is so cruel. Can you imagine the suffering being sprayed by deodorant would cause it?

I hope it was painful
I think you meant ignorant rather than arrogant. It is ignorant of them not to be intelligent enough to realise that deodorant actually wasn't designed with killing flies in mind.
Reply 16
Cruel
Yeah that's arrogance, thinks he's good enough to kill the fly with just deodorant. Pff
Don't think you understand what "arrogant" means...

Quick Reply

Latest