The Student Room Group

GCSE AQA English Literature Predictions

Hi guys, what are your predictions on what will come up in the 2016 Literature exams for: the relationships cluster of poetry from the anthology, An Inspector Calls and Of Mice and Men?
Original post by JackWillow00
Hi guys, what are your predictions on what will come up in the 2016 Literature exams for: the relationships cluster of poetry from the anthology, An Inspector Calls and Of Mice and Men?

American Dream perhaps for OMAM as we are the last year, so they may go for the most obvious one that everyone knows the most about( here's hoping)

Or for AIC it could be like a relationship question. Personally I'm praying it's Sheila or Gerald or both lol.
For inspector calls, I have a strong feeling that Gerald will come up. As stated above, possibly Sheila, so they may highlight the importance of the youth being adaptable to change.
Original post by JackWillow00

Here is a list of which poems have come up so far (June 2011 - June 2015), the only ones that haven't come up so far are Brothers, In Paris with You and To His Coy Mistress, though some (e.g. The Manhunt and The Farmer's Bride) come up more than once. The repeats have only happened in the last two years, so I'm thinking there is going to be another repeat this year, so as far as predictions go I think In Paris with You and one of the poems that has already showed up (maybe one of the sonnets *shrugs*) - that's my guess as far as Poetry goes. As for the Of Mice and Men/ An Inspector Calls question - I have no clue

Here is the list*:
Born Yesterday –Phillip Larkin
Brothers –Andrew Forster
Ghazal MimiKhalvati
Harmonium –Simon Armitage
Hour Carol AnnDuffy
In Paris withYou James Fenton
Nettles VernonScannell
Praise Song forMy Mother Grace Nichols
Quickdraw –Carol Ann Duffy
Sister Maude –Christina Georgina Rossetti
Sonnet 116 –Shakespeare
Sonnet 43 –Elizabeth Barrett Browning
TheFarmer’s Bride Charlotte Mew*2
TheManhunt Simon Armitage*2
To His CoyMistress Andrew Marvell

* Italics - Showed up twice
No formatting - Showed up once
Bold - Hasn't showed up yet
Thanks this will help me prioritise my revision to certain poems :smile:
predictions for Macbeth and Animal farm?
Reply 6
Predictions for KinderTransport? Any themes or end of acts?
Predictions for A View From the Bridge?
Reply 8
I think that praise song to my mother an harmonium will come up, or a sonnet. They're what I am revising most.
Reply 9
I think the age gap will come up in AIC. Why Gerald? I can't think of a question they could centre around him for 30 marks
Original post by Rebeking
I think that praise song to my mother an harmonium will come up, or a sonnet. They're what I am revising most.

Reasons why?
Reply 11
Original post by zixd
I think the age gap will come up in AIC. Why Gerald? I can't think of a question they could centre around him for 30 marks

They did one of him for the 2012 paper
Don't forget, that they have never done a question devoted to Curly for OMaM. Since the questions on OMaM hasn't done any repeats yet, the odds of Curly appearing for the real thing might be quite likely.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending