The Student Room Group

Can I still get on to nursing ??

I have a PPP in btec medical science (120points) and a level applied science D (60points) psychology E (40points) general studies D (60 points) which uni will accept me for nursing 😩 I can't find any and I'm 24 and it's too late to apply for an access course because they're all full at my local colleges. I have loads of experience just the qualifications.
Original post by littlemissmaya
I have a PPP in btec medical science (120points) and a level applied science D (60points) psychology E (40points) general studies D (60 points) which uni will accept me for nursing 😩 I can't find any and I'm 24 and it's too late to apply for an access course because they're all full at my local colleges. I have loads of experience just the qualifications.

Look into foundation years, keele and uclan do them otherwise you ll have to do another level 3 course.
Original post by littlemissmaya

Now, it would be too late you'd have to go through clearing or maybe extra. It depends where you live and what branch of nursing you want to go into. If you live in London, the lowest requirement for Greenwich is 240 for mental health nursing although on the website it says 280 on the PDF it says differently, the lowest for Middlesex is 280 UCAS points for all branches of Nursing. London south bank entry requirement is 260 for adult nursing. I just saw this now apparently there is a new UCAS points tariff for September 2017 so it will be lower if you apply for next year however if you apply this year it shouldnt be a problem. You would have 280 points that would be enough for most universities to do nursing, but I would suggest you enter it in the UCAS points system to check. I would also suggest if you are serious about applying you start your application as soon as possible! Make your application on UCAS and then you can go through clearing, lots of people start late so dont worry! If you dont live in London check all your local universities or if you are going to live in university choose one you like. I think you'll be fine, you have enough points!
The only reason that the UCAS points are lower is because the number of points you get for A levels are lower, ie 56 for an A* instead of 140.
Original post by lilibet01
The only reason that the UCAS points are lower is because the number of points you get for A levels are lower, ie 56 for an A* instead of 140.

Yeah, sorry I meant to say her points would be lower. The requirement might change accordingly I suppose.. :/

Why are they doing that anyway?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending