Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What sort of budget would you recommend for this trip?

Announcements Posted on
Why bother with a post grad? Are they even worth it? Have your say! 26-10-2016

Hoping to go interrailing this summer and hopefully my family will be nice enough to get me the interrail pass for my 21st (~£200)

My plan is to fly from any northern airport to berlin then travel as follows:
    Berlin (3 Nights)
    Prague (2 nights)
    Salzburg (1 Night)
    Vienna (2 Nights)
    Budapest (2 Nights)
    Krakow (2 Nights)
    Warsaw (2 Nights)

Then a flight home from warsaw.
    This could obviously change and any advice is welcome! Anywhere I should/shouldn't go in these places? Any that need more or less days?
    I plan to eat out as well as try to eat in hotels if they have kitchen facilities and would like a couple of souvenirs but nothing too extravagant. I'd say I'd like to go drinking in these places but since I may be going alone I don't think I'd be that comfortable doing that.

(Original post by jess151)
    Hey Jess! This should be a very memorable trip if plans fall through and kudos on you for exploring more Eastern European countries. Of course me being biased I would say try and visit Sofia, but alas it is not easy to access via train

I think you have the days spot on! However I would have preferred to be in Vienna and Warsaw for an extra day. Last time I went to Vienna I didn't get to visit Schonbrunn Palace so please make sure to do that on my behalf Also in Vienna, you are able to see Mozart's flat which has been converted to a museum. Definitley worth checking that out especially if you are a classical music buff like me!

Warsaw, I'm sure you will visit the Royal Palace and Łazienki Park? If not then those, I would recommend.

Really when you have limited time, do some research and try and come up with a basic plan of what you want to see and do. Also, try and invest in either a good map app which can work on the street OR a city guide. (they're not too much from say WHSmith or Amazon)

Flights, as per many posts I've made, I reccomend EasyJet or Ryannair. They are quite useful for short intraEuropean flights such as Manchester to Tegel etc. Unless of course you have BA Avios or Miles&More lying around

Finally souvenirs! Definitely stay away from expensive tourist shops in tourist areas, do some research and try and find flea markets or such. For example, in Warsaw you might be able to find a fur hat (genuine rabbit) for as little as 430Zl if you look hard enough! Oh and that reminds me, Poland still uses the Zloty, so don't forget about that!!
Write a reply…

Submit reply

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: March 29, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Cats: Yay or nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.