The Student Room Group

Should I ask her out when she comes to visit me abroad?

Currently working abroad until end of the year. A good female friend wants to come see me. we knew each other from uni, she lived with me in my final year in uni halls but never had sex or tried it on with each other because we didn't want to make it awkward. We became very close over that year, she would come in room as I would leave my door unlocked if she wanted to watch films or play video games with me and we would openly talk about things like girls I liked and men she liked, she would sleep in the bed with me sometimes, had a big double bed so she was right on the other end so we never touched each other.

It's clear she cares about me, I never really had from a girl before. Most girls I met are quite boring and not as down to earth. At the time I was never wanting to get with her but now thinking about it she would be perfect. She even buys me drinks and that the pub but never for any other men, so I don't know if she likes me more than a friend.

When she comes to visit I want to ask her if she is intrested. Do think it would be the right situation to ask? Her coming abroad tells me she's willing to travel a long way in order to see me. I don't want her to be awkward and ruin her time here. Or I should i leave it? I don't want to ruin a good friendship, just would advice on best way of doing it?
Original post by Anonymous
Currently working abroad until end of the year. A good female friend wants to come see me. we knew each other from uni, she lived with me in my final year in uni halls but never had sex or tried it on with each other because we didn't want to make it awkward. We became very close over that year, she would come in room as I would leave my door unlocked if she wanted to watch films or play video games with me and we would openly talk about things like girls I liked and men she liked, she would sleep in the bed with me sometimes, had a big double bed so she was right on the other end so we never touched each other.

It's clear she cares about me, I never really had from a girl before. Most girls I met are quite boring and not as down to earth. At the time I was never wanting to get with her but now thinking about it she would be perfect. She even buys me drinks and that the pub but never for any other men, so I don't know if she likes me more than a friend.

When she comes to visit I want to ask her if she is intrested. Do think it would be the right situation to ask? Her coming abroad tells me she's willing to travel a long way in order to see me. I don't want her to be awkward and ruin her time here. Or I should i leave it? I don't want to ruin a good friendship, just would advice on best way of doing it?

Better to know than to never have asked I think.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending