The Student Room Group

2016 Commonwealth Shared Scholarship Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Reply 580
We might be sympathetic or empathetic as the case may be on forum like this, but the hidden truth still remains that no one can go with more than a single offer at the end of the day; whether rejected now or much more later. The bottomline is that it would be rejected and the "qualified" reserve(s) would be contacted in due course. However, in no way can we suggest replacement for the institutions as I believe the nomination follows a well planned pattern where a school already has a list of reserves that would be considered in an event of a possible rejection from a nominee. ANXIETY can be a burden!
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by blackforce
University of greenwich

@teeyamz. The above is a confirmation.
Question him further for clarification.
University of greenwich

Original post by Trail-Blazer
one application. damn! you must be really good and really sure of yourself. codos

Always give God the glory.
Original post by Trail-Blazer
one application. damn! you must be really good and really sure of yourself. codos

Always give God the glory...
i got the following mail,my tray is still however with the agency.

Dear Blackforce,

Further to your application to read for the MSc Sustainable Environmental Management programme at the University of Greenwich, I am pleased to advise you that you have been short-listed for consideration of an award through the Commonwealth Shared Scholarship Scheme.
Please note the ACU policy for awarding Scholarships: candidates who submit multiple applications to different institutions may not be considered for an award. Therefore, please ensure that you are willing to be considered for, and will accept if offered, an award to study at the University of Greenwich only! If this is not the case, please do not make an application. Please confirm when you have uploaded an application to the CSC’s EAS, or if you do not intend to submit such an application. If I do not hear from you by 20th April I will assume that you no longer wish to be considered for an award and will offer your place to somebody else.
Regards,

teeyamz...as a matter of urgency send greenwich a "high quality email" pls.
Original post by Mustapha_
Rejected Bath and QUB nominations.
I hope this increases the odds for those in the reserve list in the same universities...I took Kuchikau advice and deed the needful.

mustapha..you have done well.

Sucess is when others are celebrating with you not otherwise.

I am humbled to see someone make use of my advise.

I am turning down two(2) nominations just for the sake of others.

Please advise your friend to follow suit.

Thank you
Original post by Mustapha_
Rejected Bath and QUB nominations.
I hope this increases the odds for those in the reserve list in the same universities...I took Kuchikau advice and deed the needful.

mustapha..you have done well.

Sucess is when others are celebrating with you not otherwise.

I am humbled to see someone make use of my advise.

I am turning down two(2) nominations just for the sake of others.

Please advise your friend to follow suit.

Thank you.
Has anyone been nominated for Aberdeen??
Original post by kuchikau

dat is not a nomination mail, its a mail intended fo applicants who still wish to b considered, similar to wat Keele did
Mustapha did you say you rejected nomination from the University of Bath? Because they told me they haven't nominated.
@ Mustapha, thanks for doing the needful. Kindly extend your getsure to Strathclyde by declining their offer. I actually made a single application for the scholarship, and it was for Applied Economics at Strathclyde, you should be understand how it feels. I would really appreciate if you'll consider giving your offer....
Pleassssssseeeeeeee
By the way the link you dropped concerning the Christian athlete speaks wisdom.
Thanks.
@ Mustapha, kindly turn down the offer of Strathclyde. I have been following this tread silently, but I feel pressed to make this plea. I applied to the Strathclyde for MSc Applied Economics and it was my only application for the Shared scholarship. I trust you understand how it feels now.
Thanks.
Guys, pls don't tell Mustapha WHICH scholarship to turn down.

He did the right thing by not lengthening the process by turning down the ones he didn't want but it is his right to choose the uni he wants. I understand the situation of some but imagine he turns down the one he really wants for you, and they give it to another reserve and not you. Just saying. God bless...don't take it harsh. luv ya
Original post by Teeyamz
dat is not a nomination mail, its a mail intended fo applicants who still wish to b considered, similar to wat Keele did

ok
Original post by Archibong
@ Mustapha, kindly turn down the offer of Strathclyde. I have been following this tread silently, but I feel pressed to make this plea. I applied to the Strathclyde for MSc Applied Economics and it was my only application for the Shared scholarship. I trust you understand how it feels now.
Thanks.

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Reply 596
Original post by Onyekachi
Please who applied to University of Strathclyde. Please if you applied i want to know if you have been nominated. The visible change i saw on my eas page is change of color from yellow to gray. Its still telling me its with nominating agency 1.

that the same thing I saw on my EAS page.
Reply 597
Original post by Onyekachi
Please who applied to University of Strathclyde. Please if you applied i want to know if you have been nominated. The visible change i saw on my eas page is change of color from yellow to gray. Its still telling me its with nominating agency 1.

that's the same thing I saw on my EAS page.
Reply 598
hi guys what does it mean when you page on the portal reads...applicant's portal-Toplevel office
I'm really sorry for being so forward with my post. I never can decide for Mustapha which of his nominations to decline, I was just looking for a medium to let him know there is an hopeful in the house since he has up to three more nominations.
Once again I'm sorry, I hope Mustapha and others will understand.
Merci.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending